Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brad , what are the recomended spec for valve ajustment for the GY250 C2 2008 engines?

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Brad , what are the recomended spec for valve ajustment for the GY250 C2 2008 engines?
    I believe but don't qoute me on this but I think:

The GY200's are 0.06mm -0.08mm for intake and 0.08mm and 0.10mm for the exhaust valve

The GY250's are .10mm-.15mm for intake and .15mm-.20mm for exhaust

I'm not a mechanic.... but Im sure someone will help out!

Thanks,

Brad
    Last edited by SAGACanada; 03-17-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    How much power does the 250cc engine you use produce?
    Considering 15cc-17cc = 1hp

247cc's = 14.5hp to 16.4hp

Thanks,

Brad

Hey there,

I just saw this post and thought Id chine in on here. The Konker ON ROAD warranty is 1 year, parts and Labour on everything. This warranty can be used Canada wide from dealer to dealer and not restricted to one dealership..

Also, we had a test ride from a non biased source who did a write up for anyone interested..

http://cmgonline.com/content/view/1387/57/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yep, as I said, you do have them beat on warranty

I also am not certain about their dot certification one way or the other, maybe one day they will show up here and answer, as far as I am aware, they are, but I have no fact, I haven't spoken directly to the guys at Konker in months..

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Considering 15cc-17cc = 1hp

247cc's = 14.5hp to 16.4hp

Thanks,

Brad
    Alas, not very powerful.

Yamaha YBR250 - 249.00 cc - 21.05 HP
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I had the turn signal flasher unit fail and they sent me one no problems ( and paid the shipping).I
    That's interesting, my friend and I just bought two of them a few days ago (our first motorcycles), and we both had the same problem -- less than 70km on the bikes and both of our indicators have failed. Did you ever figure out what the problem was, or does the whole switch assembly need replacing?

So far they're fun little bikes, I love the gear indicator and they shift very nicely. You can't beat the price, either. Ours didn't include a manual -- what fuel are you putting in yours? I am using regular and although once warm it idles at 4000 RPM, it usually takes at least a minute of hitting the electric start to get the engine going and then I have to hold the throttle open for another 3-5 minutes so that it doesn't stall out. That is pretty frustrating -- do these engines need premium fuel?

Darkmoon,

Welcome to MCM and these bike should definitely NOT need premium fuel.

This may be a question worth asking as a new post in the "Maintenance" section with more details and what you may have already done to solve the problem. Giving us an idea of your mechanical experience isn't a bad idea either.

Paz.
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hi Dark moon

I just use regular pump fuel with my Saga 250.As for idle at cold start on a new machine, it will get better as it breaks in.My machine idles awsome now after warm up after it broke in.Also adjust the iles up to 2000 rpm cold and adjust it down after it is warmed up during break in to make life a bit easyer.

As for the turn signals not working , it is the flasher relay that is the problem.Saga canada will give you another one no problem.Contact your local dealer or call Saga wearhouse let them know.

The choke is a bit tricky and you need to hold it up tight on cold start,then it will stay on the "steps" as it warms up.Just remember to hold it up tight on start or it will seem hard to start.

I'm going to start a Saga mod thread where we can discuss mods to fix up little issues.

9. #29 Re: Hello From SAGA canada, a few questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Brad and all, I'm new here and have a few questions. I bought a 2009 Saga 250 privately this month with 2 km on it (brand new). My questions are what if anything can I do about warranty? I have erratic idling/stalling problems (I now have 250km), found the signal light switch wouldn't stay on left turn (loose screw on lever), cracks to bottom of windshield at mounting screws, tires way out of balance (adding Dyna Beads) and headlights aren't bright enough and aimed too low. Now the left amber lens in the tail light came loose and is rattling around in the housing. Is it possible to substitute a halogen bulb (I did it to my Yamaha 180cc)? Is there any way to raise the rear shock height as I lightly scrape bottom going through driveways. Once I wear out the rear tire I'd like to substitute a higher profile tire. All in all I think the scooter is pretty decent so far for the price range, but do have a few concerns.

Thanks, Ron
    Last edited by ohymeagain; 10-13-2010 at 09:23 PM.

10. #30 Re: Hello From SAGA canada, a few questions 
    Ron,

You may want to PM or contact SagaCanada directly if you haven't already.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast