Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Churchill Customs - We're Open! Custom motorcycles in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I like what your doing, but selling in the USA is costly and you cannot simply send over custom bikes, they have to meet all the regulations. There are lots of procedural regulations as well as environmental regulations.

If you could get a deal with an established distributor and maybe get them to take responsibility for your bikes, but that’s allot to ask.

Technically modifications are illegal, so is selling parts that alter emissions, they often do and eventually get caught and it is not pretty when that happens and those that distribute here hold all the liability.

A standard bike might sell better then a custom bike, people like to do modifications themselves. If you do offer modifications it could be possible to offer build parts that actually move a bike to what could be an already approved version with the EPA. That be like selling a 125cc version stock and cheap and then offering a 223cc engine that is also approved and with all that is needed to make it just like an already approved 223cc version. That is the same as what the major brands do with performance parts, they are not defeating as in beating the EPA as the results are still within regulations.

There is only CCW that offers a similar type bikes, their misfit and ace. They sell them already custom and with a 229cc OHV engine, and sell performance parts that likely take the bike outside EPA regulations. It be better to sell a base 125cc for cheap and then sell all that you do with kits in full or in various parts. Like Ryca does…they sell kits for bikes already in the market, so if you can import a base bike then sell the kits to make the bikes. You have to have a legal entity in the USA and maintaining that and so much cost it is economically limiting.
    Someone has beat them to it http://deuscustoms.com/ but hey these guys started from a very small little shop in Camperdown,Sydney many years ago. I remember when they started with just one model and people came to their shop to have a coffee and look at that bike.

2. #12 Re: Churchill Customs - We're Open! Custom motorcycles in China 
    I see that they rebuilt the CB200 to 300cc and even added a CDI, that is not a simple modifications, its the other end, a high end market.

I like to see a base CG125 sold online and delivered for @ or around $1,800.00. Then a website that had all the schematics, linked to data tables and in that linked to after market parts. Then the over zealous could order as much a $2,000.00 in parts and end up at $3800.00 all in or some level under that….

I have a CB200 and a CL350.…I have no where near that invested in both. I am not a huge fan of the café’ d bikes I actually prefer customizations that are closer to stock. I could have easily spent way more on modifications then I would ever be able to get back, labors of love are just allot of labor and often just an exercise in futility.

Project are fun, but you can go too far…something to satisfy the desire and that is not so over the top, is what could come out of china.

3. #13 Re: Churchill Customs - We're Open! Custom motorcycles in China 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Cool, are you going to show at the Canton Fair?

4. #14 Re: Churchill Customs - We're Open! Custom motorcycles in China 

5. #15 Re: Churchill Customs - We're Open! Custom motorcycles in China 
    That's the XL185 frame, they are called a Dragon frame?

6. #16 Re: Churchill Customs - We're Open! Custom motorcycles in China 
    C-Moto Regular
    Can you PM me your pricing?

Shipping to Shanghai?

Do you know if I can get them plated in Shanghai?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12