Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Good 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey Guys,

I am looking for a reliable/durable new 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000, any recommendations/guidance will be helpful the bike should also command a good resale value in market as I will leave China in a year.

Cheers

2. #2 Re: Good 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000 
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie_777 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am looking for a reliable/durable new 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000, any recommendations/guidance will be helpful the bike should also command a good resale value in market as I will leave China in a year.

Cheers
    My 1st bike was a Chinese regal raptor DD250G 250cc, bought new for 13000 RMB , I started changing parts the 1st week and kept fixing it every week-end almost, for 2 years, after that it was a bit more stable, but I had changed almost every ball bearing, the whole engine, gear box, clutch, fork and all electrics were toast and fixing them wouldn't work for more than a couple days. Didn't cost much money to fix, but it cost me lost of frustration and time to keep it in working condition.

Don't buy a Chinese 250 if u have 20000 RMB in hand.

U can get a Yamaha YBR 250 cc for 24000 RMB, she won't turn her back on u.

U probably could sell it around 20000 RMB in one year provided u take good care of it and ride less than 10000km.

Look in the 2nd hand market also, maybe u'll find a nice Japanese 500cc for 20000 RMB with just a bunch of miles, and probably in better condition than a brand new Chinese bike.

Don't buy a Chinese bike is my personal advice. U think u save $ but really u don't, u'll soon pay it off tenfold by pushing it down the road and loading it in taxi trucks and spending hours fixing stupid stuff that was just too poorly designed or just so cheap u can fix it forever with a 10 RMB (real) ball bearing, and the frustration, the frustration when it dies half way to work, the frustration just before a sunny week end, the frustration when u ride with a girl behind and she's gotta take a cab while u push ur dead bike.

No.

I'll never buy a Chinese bike ever again, nor anything that's designed in China for that matter.

Moreover u can't sell it to anyone in his right mind after one year.

Peace.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

3. #3 Re: Good 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000 
    .... heard a lot of good comments about Suzuki GW 250.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Good 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000 
    I think there are a few bikes to consider that are Chinese. Read this thread: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hen-RX3-report for a report on one of the bikes I would suggest to consider.

5. #5 Re: Good 250 CC chinese bike for around CNY20000 
    C-Moto Noob
    Mighty thanks braillce, ShuBen & culcune - this is helpful. Would you know of someone selling second hand Suzuki or Yamaha? Or recommend a reliable market in Shanghai or Suzhou? I checked craiglist and no decent deals for my budget.
    I am looking for license plate from Suzhou or Jiangxi. Cheers!