Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Snortin, I found a Nortin... 
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/1066233465.html

I don't really know too much about the different models, but this seems like a decent price for that bike doesn't it? I won't be buying it because I have a bike and no money, but I thought I'd share the link with yah....

I think this is a setup to lure you to Canada....

3. #3 Yup 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/1066233465.html

I don't really know too much about the different models, but this seems like a decent price for that bike doesn't it? I won't be buying it because I have a bike and no money, but I thought I'd share the link with yah....
    -----------

Yup that is a good price , if it is what it says it is ? thanks . Not a good bike for the un-experienced riders like Culcune though , these bikes will kill you quick . You should buy it Simon

And no Canada move planned , too cold .
    Fiji , well I will pack my bags when I hit the Lotto !!!

Later, Snortin
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 03-09-2009 at 02:35 PM.

If he were to ride a real bike like that he'd need real gear eh?

Yeah, it looked nice, I'd like to stop by and check it out, but I don't want to waste the guys time since I don't have any money or room for it...

5. #5 No No No 
    Master of Thump
    If he were to ride a real bike like that he'd need real gear eh?

Yeah, it looked nice, I'd like to stop by and check it out, but I don't want to waste the guys time since I don't have any money or room for it...
    -----------------

All bikes are real Jim ( I know you were just kidding though ) even
    Culcunes 50cc Moped with Tassles and Pink horn . I recomend ride gear for anyone that leaves the house in America, even if they are not riding motorcycles !! It's that crazy here now ..

You ought to go look at the bike anyway , especially if you've never seen one up close, they are work of art , very beuatiful metal sculpting the Britts did on those motors , especailly the cases, they are so cool . The Britts took great pride inthe Triumphs and Nortons, especially when Norton was in co-hoots with Villiars back in the way back days .

Whats crazy is putting the 923cc race kit in a an already too fast Norton .
    That'd be what I did , crazy fast !!! Yes, real ride gear , indeed .
    Saddlee up your cow hide for this beast , or you'll die for sure .

Later Jim, have agreat Canadian day " aye " ...

Snortin love his Nortons Norton

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    -----------------

All bikes are real Jim ( I know you were just kidding though ) even
    Culcunes 50cc Moped with Tassles and Pink horn . I recomend ride gear for anyone that leaves the house in America, even if they are not riding motorcycles !! It's that crazy here now ..
    Yep, I was just teasing...

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    You ought to go look at the bike anyway , especially if you've never seen one up close, they are work of art , very beuatiful metal sculpting the Britts did on those motors , especailly the cases, they are so cool . The Britts took great pride inthe Triumphs and Nortons, especially when Norton was in co-hoots with Villiars back in the way back days .

Whats crazy is putting the 923cc race kit in a an already too fast Norton .
    That'd be what I did , crazy fast !!! Yes, real ride gear , indeed .
    Saddlee up your cow hide for this beast , or you'll die for sure .

Later Jim, have agreat Canadian day " aye " ...

Snortin love his Nortons Norton
    I should, I know, but I am not really sure where that guy is at, he put location SQMS, I think he means Squamish, and that's quite a ride... Maybe if he had it when I had my bike insured, I could cruise up there, should make for a nice bike trip for the day (I believe it's around 2 hours each way, but I am not certain).

You have a great American day too by the way... Hopefully you didn't get too much snow down there? I know I saw snow in Washington, but I don't know what areas specifically... We've got some more up here, not too much though, looks like maybe an inch....

7. #7 I have had enough snow 
    Master of Thump
    Yep, I was just teasing...

I should, I know, but I am not really sure where that guy is at, he put location SQMS, I think he means Squamish, and that's quite a ride... Maybe if he had it when I had my bike insured, I could cruise up there, should make for a nice bike trip for the day (I believe it's around 2 hours each way, but I am not certain).

You have a great American day too by the way... Hopefully you didn't get too much snow down there? I know I saw snow in Washington, but I don't know what areas specifically... We've got some more up here, not too much though, looks like maybe an inch....
    -----------------

Yes, I am done with snow , but here it is again this morning , two inches, no biggy , but had the day off but drove the gal to work to keep her safe anyway . I would rather pile my Mazda than her 2000 Z-28 Camaro she would have had to drive . I got studds on the RX-7 anyway . Supposed to be in the 20's tonight and the morning so lots of black ass ice , yippi !!!! NOT !!!

Hence my Fiji remark !!!!! I swear to God Almighty I am buying a grass hut on the beach if I ever win the Lotto . I also will send all you mothers Air Fare to come ride on my island with me in the Sun for a month each year for life , okeedokeee .
    I'lle even supply all the bikes, all Nortons , all 923cc monsters too .
    I will let Simon come too even , but he has to ride the new Peugeot Moped till he earns his stripes .. He can pollish the alluminum and chrome too while he is at it
    I think we better start him on a 500cc Norton Atlas or something a little tamer , maybe even a Royal Enfield single 500cc ,maybe a nice one with a feather bed frame too if I am feeling generous . He needs all the suspension help he can get I am sure . I will have the nicest set of Pink Chapps made for him with matching leathers vest and jacket, he will be soooo pretty ...

Later Jim , Snortin out

PS... I am dead serious if I ever win that lotto too , big time

That sounds like a real good plan.... I see the inch of snow more of a problem for all the crap they put down to control it, then for the snow it self... Granted we need that salt and sodium chloride or there would be a ton more fools in the ditch or slamming into each other, but what I don't like about it is this, I don't want that crap on my bike, in all the places that are hard to wash, to eat away at the bike, so it isn't postponing my riding simply till the snow is gone, I have to wait till the roads are really clear... I bet you'd really hate to get that crap up in the Norton.

I emailed the guy about it, I may not get to go see it, but I got some better photos anyways...

Hello Jim,hope these help.l forgot to mention its missing the air cleaner.l bought two but they appear to only fit BSA,Triumph.Norton use a single box,so currently it doesnt ldle right,and l need to adjust the brakes,???what else can l tell you.Ross, and yes its in Squamish.

Attached Images

9. #9 More snow 
    Master of Thump
    We got another two inches tonight on top of the other two inches now, crap !!! And cold, brrrr , black ice bad ...

Nice pics , thanks , always nice to see another Snortin Norton .
    Air cleaner aint got crap to do with idleing on a Norton too much though , sounds like carb adjustment problems , or timing , points etc , but Amals suck anwyay , so not surprised it doesn't idle right , Amals never will anyway , for long .
    Hate them bars , this aint the BEACH man !!!! LOL !!!!
    Looks like a good start to a decent bike though .
    I pitty the poor fool that buys the bike with drum brakes though , especially on the front . You aint stopping this beast with those fronts !!!! Ha ha ha .
    Those bikes weigh over 400 pounds dry Jim ....It would scare me riding that bike with those . Easy fix though , just takes money , MOE MONEY ..
    Looks like its well cared for though . The only thing I wonder is why the guy would think that anything but a Norton Filter would be fitting a Norton ?
    Tells me he don't know crap about his bike . It must have been someone elses before he got it I am thinking .

Now Simon , go buy this bike , it stops on a dime !!!!

Cheers, Kelly

PS.....He is running POINTS on it , I can tell from the points cover . That is the first thing to go bye bye on a Norton , then the carbs , Mikuni all the way .

If I we're rich I think if I sold my Kawasaki I could afford it, but I really don't want to part with it either... Maybe I'll win the lottery one day, but then I suppose I'd have to arrange the Fiji trip :P

That's not good about the new snow... It was sunny here today and melted it mostly off the roads, hope it doesn't come back too soon... The 14 day forecast says snow on both weekends coming up, but since when can they predict anything accurately...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast