Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Konker sm 200 2010 
    Porcupine hills, Southern Alberta, Canada
    Had this bike for one season of riding . I have done a few mods to it already . Tires , handlebars , 250 xl throttle and 31mm kehin pull slide carburetor , 2nd stage dr 125 performance cam shaft , 3 inch supertrapp and slag removal on stock pipe , Low pipe , 520 chain and sprockets , turn signals . Did a 1/4 mile run and calculated the speed / time and total weight (bike and rider) , estimate I am getting about 16 - 17 hp out of it now . Holds on the highway and on gravel roads at 120 km/h , on flatground with no wind it taps out at 140 km/h . It does a great job , doesn't power slide out of hairpin corners but it is a huge improvement over stock . Tried selling it , as I thought I have had my fun and if someone is looking for an entry level bike that they can advance there skills with ... I have had no real interest after aggressively advertising it . Even put a short video clip in the ad . My plan was to take the money and ad a little more and go for a 250 or 350 dual purpose of some kind , or a 400 dr or something . Probably would end up modifying it as well .
    So , I decided I may as well go all out on my Konker instead . Picked up a spare cylinder , a lt 230 head , the most aggressive lt 230 racing camshaft and spring kit from mega cam , high performance cdi from china . Going to send the cylinder , head , and cam to la sleeve and have them go as large as possible with a sleeve .
    Here is my question . Should I try and have the magneto lightened and balanced ? Has anyone done the big bore kit ? I have only read about what one other person has done to a dr 200 motor , which is what I want to do .

WOW , I have been searching and searching for a 72mm piston and to no avail ! WANTED : big bore piston for LT 230 Suzuki . between 72mm and 76mm if anyone knows how I can get a hold of one , please let me know .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8A9rbjmEM

Does anyone have any other ideas ?
    Last edited by countrymoto; 03-16-2014 at 03:08 AM.