Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Bosuer brand 125cc supermoto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all,

I have owned many Chinese scooters and a few dirtbike, mainly for resale when I lived in the USA. I live in Hong Kong now and everything is insane expensive, I can buy a Chinese bike in the US for 25-50% of what they cost in HK.

Bosuer, this company makes a Honda MSX Grom size super motard 125cc that looks very interesting, I do not see much here about them, what is the deal? I plan to import one from China so I don't get ripped off as badly as buying here.

I need the bike to be EEC compliant which leaves a lot of motorcycles out of my choices.

Thanks,

John

2. #2 Re: Bosuer brand 125cc supermoto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ah! I have also been thinking about this bike. It's a copy of the Kawasaki KSR 110, which is an awesome, Grom style bike. I have seen this bike in a few different places on Taobao.

I've tried to search for reviews on them, but can't seem to come up with any. My guess, is that they havnt sold well in the UK or Australia..so people dont know much about them. There definitely aren't any reviews. None that i've found, anyway.

Here's a link to a seller on Taobao
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=21082276703

The model is called the BSR 125...but as you can see in that Taobao link, that ones looks to be equipped with the BSR 110 engine (which i believe is made by XY. They make the XY 125, XY 140 and XY160..common engines in Pitbikes..and they seem to be pretty powerful).

Unfortunately, everytime i see this bike, it looks like they're sticking a different engine in it. I've seen 125cc Lifans in it, as well as XY 125ccs. Just make sure you carefully look at what you're getting.

Another thing to note: The Taobao sellers that specialize in all Bosuer products (like this guy: http://lvshengfuok.taobao.com/shop/v...r_id=101118981) ...he carries all Bosuer pit bikes...but doesn't carry this model. And in fact, the only selllers who carry this BSR 125..are NOT offical Bosuer sellers.

What does this mean? Well, no way to know for sure..but my guess is that the Bosuer factories aren't making them any more and there are just a few leftovers laying around, yet to be sold.

Honestly, when i stumbled across this bike I thought I had hit the jackpot. The bosuer 125 engines are awesome. The KSR/Grom style bike is perfect for around town. They look great, too..and the price is a steal. I've just hesitated to pull the trigger because of the issues above. I'm a bit afraid that what I order, wont be what shows up in the mail.

Keep us updated on what you end up doing. Would love to hear a review on the bike. Would also like to hear anyone elses take on this model.

3. #3 Re: Bosuer brand 125cc supermoto 
    Zongshen has bikes like this on their site called the Rapido. http://en.zongshenmotor.com/?q=node/895

4. #4 Re: Bosuer brand 125cc supermoto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah, The main thing is I need EEC, COC certificate of conformity to register in Hong Kong, not sure non authorized dealers would provide these. I have been talking to Bosuer directly about importing to Hong Kong for resale but not sure if locals would like gweilo getting some of their money.

Anyway, I hope to have one by late March, early April and will write a review on it.

5. #5 Re: Bosuer brand 125cc supermoto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Zongshen has bikes like this on their site called the Rapido. http://en.zongshenmotor.com/?q=node/895
    whoa..awesome. Can't believe I never stumbled on that. Thanks!