Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Last Minute Trip to ChongQing. Where to look at bikes?! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Just like the title said. All of a sudden, I'm going to Chongqing (From Chengdu) for 3 days (tue-thur). I'll have all of Wednesday to myself and I want to check out whatever motorcycle market ChongQing may have to offer. If I had the chance to test ride a Z-One or a Unicorn, that'd be awesome!

It's entirely possible that I pick up a new bike on a whim.

I'm interested in ZongShen and YingAng in particular. But, I like eveything.

So...for those of you that know ChongQing...where should I go?!

2. #2 Re: Last Minute Trip to ChongQing. Where to look at bikes?! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hmm..sometimes I have trouble clearly articulating what I'm trying to say. Let me try again :)

I've never been to ChongQing before, so I'm not sure if there is a motorcycle market..or where it is located. Here in Chengdu,
    outside of thirdring road is a big motorcycle market where you can browse around and look at several different brands all located
    in the same area.

Does ChongQing also have this kind of market?

Thanks all.

3. #3 Re: Last Minute Trip to ChongQing. Where to look at bikes?! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok...so Im back. I ended up just jumping on the back of a motorcycle taxi and saying "motorcycle market". He knew. After abou 7km, I had arrived. I tried to use my phones GPS to find out where in ChongQing I was..but it just wouldnt work. So sadly, if some person in the future reads this thread, hoping for useful information, this is the moment when he/she becomes disapointed.

I must say, ChongQing was awesome. Like a gritty-er HongKong. I live in flat, ring-roaded, Chengdu and CQ is the complete opposite. Beautiful mountains, confusing streets, but thankfully, less pollution.

The hotpot was the spiciest I'd ever had in my life. And there are a ridiculous amount of hot women. Good lord.

It was a fun little trip. The motorcycle market had the usual setup of six-eight dealer shops all lined up. Benelli, Zongshen, etc. etc.
    And then up a little hill and around the corner was a GIGANTIC used market on side-streets. Tons and tons of dirtbikes being assembled and sold. CQR's...the usual fare. I had fun. The girl I was with..probably less so.

4. #4 Re: Last Minute Trip to ChongQing. Where to look at bikes?! 
    Did you get photos? I would love to see more of these 'markets' (people have posted them from other cities in the past, but it sounds like it would be interesting to someone who has never been to China). I am surprised there aren't more dealers considering Chongqing is one of the main centers of motorcycle manufacturing! Then again, I have a feeling that besides the 'big' companies, the little ones are more for export only (i.e. my TMEC's manufacturer is for export only--they are not in Chongqing, but in Jiangsu, but same principal).

As far as the girl you were with being bored--you should have taken her on a motorcycle ride!

5. #5 Re: Last Minute Trip to ChongQing. Where to look at bikes?! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Did you get photos? I would love to see more of these 'markets' (people have posted them from other cities in the past, but it sounds like it would be interesting to someone who has never been to China). I am surprised there aren't more dealers considering Chongqing is one of the main centers of motorcycle manufacturing! Then again, I have a feeling that besides the 'big' companies, the little ones are more for export only (i.e. my TMEC's manufacturer is for export only--they are not in Chongqing, but in Jiangsu, but same principal).
    Ditto.. it doesn't exist if there are no photos...

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    As far as the girl you were with being bored--you should have taken her on a motorcycle ride!
    self explanatory....

6. #6 Re: Last Minute Trip to ChongQing. Where to look at bikes?! 
    Quote Originally Posted by effertime View Post
    Ok...so Im back. I ended up just jumping on the back of a motorcycle taxi and saying "motorcycle market". He knew. After abou 7km, I had arrived. I tried to use my phones GPS to find out where in ChongQing I was..but it just wouldnt work. So sadly, if some person in the future reads this thread, hoping for useful information, this is the moment when he/she becomes disapointed.

I must say, ChongQing was awesome. Like a gritty-er HongKong. I live in flat, ring-roaded, Chengdu and CQ is the complete opposite. Beautiful mountains, confusing streets, but thankfully, less pollution.

The hotpot was the spiciest I'd ever had in my life. And there are a ridiculous amount of hot women. Good lord.

It was a fun little trip. The motorcycle market had the usual setup of six-eight dealer shops all lined up. Benelli, Zongshen, etc. etc.
    And then up a little hill and around the corner was a GIGANTIC used market on side-streets. Tons and tons of dirtbikes being assembled and sold. CQR's...the usual fare. I had fun. The girl I was with..probably less so.

Location of market for used bikes and the Benelli dealer would be great...I was in Chongqing and i agree the food is very hot..mala! hot and spicy.... anyway i found the parts shops but very limited...go to guangzhou and you will feel like you are in motorcycle parts and clothing heaven...i always walk away with cool hats for 17 kuai each and many other goodies...thousands of helmets and clothing it in the Baiyun area a short bus ride from a metro stop... it beats taobao,,as many do sell on the internet..because you can see the quality and try it on..and many things not listed

Chongqing is great you are right..many hills and bridges water etc...the best i could find, which took a lot of work,,only to be disappointed ,,,was when i was led to a Harley Davidson shop...i was looking for new bikes and thats where my inquires took me...it was incredible how much HD crap they had and all look original and motos too...very expensive....not may kind of moto at all!

I did go to Shineray factory when i was there not too far away from airport... I also went to an auto show at their convention center...which is no where near a metro actually quite far....crazy china