Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Where to find a sport bike in Shanghai? 
    C-Moto Noob
    ETA: Hello to all the SH bikers!

I found the JLmoto shop, there hasn't been (from my search results on here) much of a mention of them/their reputation. I read that someone from their (Jimmy?) sold a couple of questionable bikes and didn't come through for the customers when it came time to their inspection thus costing a lot of money and headache for the buyers. Honest opinions appreciated here, I just want to get a good bike and enjoy riding on quiet days. JLmoto seemed to have a nice selection on their site but if they aren't being straight with customers I won't spend my time entertaining them.

Right now I have my Chinese license and am looking for a street bike, something like a 600+ Suzuki/Honda sport bike from the 90's/early 2000's would be ideal. I have budgeted to get an A-plate to avoid the headaches and stay on the right side of the law. If they retain their value I'll consider it a deposit (even if the selling prices are faintly ridiculous), if the rules change and they are worth a fraction of the current price I'll keep that in mind and enjoy every ride regardless

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations for dealers of used bikes (websites/addresses/phone numbers) and places to keep clear of please feel free to post or PM.
    Last edited by m55; 03-06-2014 at 10:48 AM.

2. #2 Re: Where to find a sport bike in Shanghai? 
    Hi M55, are you sure it's even possible to find a legally registrable/registered 90s/00s Honda or Suzuki? The way the has gone I think only 2007 or so onwards for legal 2nd hand over 600cc.

You might find something with a plate on it from the time period you are after, but I doubt it's a legal plate.

3. #3 Re: Where to find a sport bike in Shanghai? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the reply. This I am not sure of. If anyone can confirm a 2007 onwards bike is required to be registered 2nd-hand in SH please let me know. I don't entirely trust dealers will be forthcoming with the truth about such matters when faced with a potential sale.

I'm not particularly set on a brand, I'd just like sports bike to have fun with on the evenings and weekends when the roads are a little less busy. If there are any highly recommended dealers anyone has dealt with feel free to let me know.