Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Hello guys and gals!!!! It's been a while since I was around. Well I'm back with a new ride now. I traded my 84 Honda magna 1100cc for an 06 spyder 250 with 7kmi!!!!!! My friend got tired b/c she broke the drive chain tensioner and sprocket hub bearing. So we traded even. Now, I'm in need of a throttle cable!!!!!! She has a Yamaha one right now but it's about 1'' too long and has too much play for my liking. Now, the replacement from Johnny Pag is $69!!!!! Dude, not even my old 94 gixxer 1100 throttle cable cost that much!!!!! So I'm imploring to my fellow forum members for help. Anyone knows of a replacement? I just spent over $270 on a set of sprockets, chain, and sprocket hub bearing!!!!! I thinks that's outrageous considering the fact that once I got the parts they where practically Honda rebel parts... You know what they say: once bitten twice shy. I'm not berating the JP guys, they helped, but boy oh boy, not again. So info is needed guys. Will be greatfull for the help. If it helps she has a 42* rake on her... Thanks!!!!!!!
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Preaching to the choir. The Regal Raptor/Johnny Pag parts are way too expensive and have driven many people away from the brand. My Chinese mechanic just absolutely refused to deal with them out of principal.

My best advice is to measure the cable and to search for one the same length online.

3. #3 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Hello ZMC888, thanks for the reply. I really like the bike so I decided to get it. Mr. Johnny Pag should be aware that this is happening throughout his dealer(s). I just can't imagine them staying open too long, although they've been around since 06 I think. But to him the best of luck. Anyway, so I FINALLY was able to find measurements on the throttle cable. It says that it's 35 1/2'' long (covering) with a 3 1/4'' that is exposed and mover freely. So now I have to check. Hey buddy, I need a new battery and the pdf manual on the bike doesn't show which battery. I think it's a 12N9-4B-1? In other words a 12BS? What type of battery are you running? Thanks for the info and ride safe!!!!!

4. #4 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Hello fellow riders. I have a few updates on my spyder!!!!! Well, I got everything working and have been riding for almost, if not, a month already with no issues, but encountered one today and hope someone could shed some light my way. First my battery felt like she was taking a dump and it's brand new, so I checked my terminals and, lo n behold, the negative terminal was a little loose. I tightened it up and problem solved, so I thought. She discharged my battery. So I gave her a little charge and she started right up. I connected a volt meter and, while accelerating, she would only go up to 11.8v max. The battery was somewhat weak so maybe that's why? What should my reading be at idle/throttle? She only has 7kmi so I don't believe my stator is bad yet? Could be the regulator, and if so, could it be swapped out with the Honda rebel one with no issues? A friend told me that b/c of the vibration of this bike the R/R plugs tend to get loose and cause this problem too, is this accurate? Anyone experience this before? Please, any help will be appreciated!!!!!!

5. #5 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    I'm not sure if they have that part or not but www.motosport.com ships to China and offers door to door total prices in CNY (RMB).

Josh.
    Honda Bros 400 and a CQR 250

6. #6 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Hello guys. My regulator is bad and need to find a replacement or get screwed by the dealer once more. Please, if anyone can help with information on what other one I could use I will greatly appreciate it... thanks and ride safe

7. #7 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Ok guys, here is a thought and hopefully someone with knowledge of this workings will chime in. I have a six wire set up on my regulator(2 plugs) 3 yellow in one and 3 (black, green, red) on the other plug. The rebel 250 has only 5 wires (2 plugs), but the rebel 450 regulator has the exact same # of wires and the exact colors too. Will I hurt anything on my charging system if I use the regulator from a bigger engine? If it's a six wire set up on both it should work? Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon!!!!!!!

8. #8 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo787 View Post
    Ok guys, here is a thought and hopefully someone with knowledge of this workings will chime in. I have a six wire set up on my regulator(2 plugs) 3 yellow in one and 3 (black, green, red) on the other plug. The rebel 250 has only 5 wires (2 plugs), but the rebel 450 regulator has the exact same # of wires and the exact colors too. Will I hurt anything on my charging system if I use the regulator from a bigger engine? If it's a six wire set up on both it should work? Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon!!!!!!!
    Amperage tells the truth.
    Rebal 250: http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=47
    The chinese 6 is similar to http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=51
    3 yellow (in) / Green (-) / Red (+) / black (ctr)

9. #9 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Ok. So from the little Chinese I understood the Rebel 250 (5 wire) is the same amperage as the Chinese (6 wire) I have on my Johnny Pag bike which is also a 250 engine. Now why have the extra wire? Could it be that it is from the speed sensor or has something to do with the digital speedo? I would have to check for power and maybe jump it with one of the other ones? How about the Rebel 450 one? How many amps and would it mess things up if I use one? I ask assuming you're familiar with these systems? Thanks...It did help to know they have the same amps...

10. #10 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast