Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    My first guess would have been that the extra wire was for a thermostat, but I see you have an air cooled version.
    I see the regulator for sale on taobao for $10.00
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=26210716930
    Your bike is a DD250 not sure what the extra control is but the Asian version of that Honda engine supports a tach and gear position indicator, the version used on the US Rebel does not.

2. #12 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17966778188 translate via Google Chrome will gives u some idea what's that extra wire. In good old "short-cirucit" (they're f***king hot) type, that "extra" is for detect battery's current volt. Lower volt / higher charging current . Higher volt = low charging current

3. #13 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Hello guys... I'm to see the picture. The last links from taobao I couldn't see anything but some chinese lettering...So if I understand correctly I can jump that wire. I'll take her to work tonight to trace the wiring...

4. #14 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    If you visit a site that requires asian language support you would know if you have that on your PC or not by what you see on that site. Fixing that is not difficult.
    https://www.microsoft.com/resources/....mspx?mfr=true

Then after that install Google Chrome as a browser because it will translate the asian characters, you will get it all translated then and read what it says, the 3rd wire is second supply pole, it switches on or off based on the battery strength.

5. #15 Re: Help with my Johnny Pag chopper 
    Hello guys!!!!!!! I'm happy to report that my baby is working now!!!!!! I got a brand new regulator form a friend of mine for $50 and installed it but still had the charging issue that it had only power on two of the three yellow wires coming out of the stator and we thought it was the diodes of the regulator b/c the stator checked out good. So I looked at the wires closely and 'lo and behold'!!!! One of the yellow wires was not connected and upon further inspection I found that there are actually 4 yellow wires coming out of the stator and 2 of them were jumped together with only electrical tape. So I soldered them, put heat shrink, and connected the original r/r back and tested. POWER TO ALL!!!!!!!!!! She's reading12.8/9/13.0v @ idle and 13.3/4/5 while under load. Battery charging nice now. So that was my whole issue. I thank all of my fellow forum members for their help which was vital to me and encouraging. Now I can go out riding as planned on Sunday with my wife!!!!!!! Thank you guys and ride safe!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12