Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Im going to take a guess and say that you need the second one. I think that some models has a gear connected to the cam shaft which is used to measure the RPM whereas yours does it electronically using a magnet and a hall effect sensor which is probably what "speed signal line" refers to.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #12 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Thanks ,i'am going too go with option 2
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

3. #13 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Porcupine hills, Southern Alberta, Canada
    I just got this one for my Konker sm 200 . Your chassis looks like it is the same as mine . http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9153886492 . There are different curves to choose from but I found there is only one that is actually better than stock . Still worth getting as it does take the rev limiter out . Your bike sounds like fun . Have you weighed it ? Today I am going to do a 1/4 mile standing run timed test , to calculate the horsepower gains I have gotten so far . Just waiting on a new 68mm wiseco piston and cam from megacycle to go the next step .

4. #14 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Ah ok the performance CDI I'm waiting on coming is simmilar to that one but it connects to a computer via USB cable and you can program the curves yourself however it comes pre programmed with the curves that I'm guessing are in the CDI unit you have :)image.jpg .I haven't weighed my motorbike yet but I've gotten rid of the passenger pegs,stock Downpipe and end can for a full DEP system that weighs less and I got rid of the air box for a cone air filter so it's pretty light now compared to when it was stock ,I'm thinking about taking the grab handles of the back off it also to make it more lighter .Do you know if there's a performance cam that would fit my engine by any chance as I've pretty much done every other mod and was thinking about a better cam and valves since I've the 150cc big bore kit installed
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

5. #15 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Let me know how you get on with this, looking to do some mods to my rmr but don't really understand how Taobao works, have you got any pics on your bike on here? Looks good from your avatar

6. #16 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Sure will do. I've a few bits and bobs coming aswell as an oil cooler so when everything's installed on my bike i'll do an update :) I have another thread in here full of pics of my bike but I'll attach a few pics here if you want to see what I've done so far too it image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Taobao is easy you'll need to use a website like Taobao now and sign up to it and basically all you do is copy the links for the performance parts to the shopping basket and ask to pay via PayPal but there's quite a few extra charges involved but nothing bad and you'll need to use a currency converter so you know exactly how much it will cost .If you need any help with anything just give me a shout or ask on the forums always someone willing to help

7. #17 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Looks good, I tried to do some vinyl wrapping myself but it always ends up creasing and looks shit when your up close to the bike :/ mechanically my bike is standard, can you give me a few tips as to where you would start with performance upgrades? Thanks :)

8. #18 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    The basic mods you should start with first would be fitting a cone air filter and changing the main jet in the stock carb that'll give you a little gain search eBay item number 271325913913 that'll give you a range of different jet sizes for the stock carb ,you'd be best fitting a 105 main jet .The cone filter opening has to be 38mm if i Remember on the Mikuni carb .Other mods would be changing the exhaust,big bore kit,bigger carb,race CDI,oil cooler and stuff to get the best out the bike

9. #19 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ok thanks, would you recommend changing the sprocket sizes?

10. #20 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Yep I imported a 17 tooth front sprocket but if you can't import using taobao then there's a 16 tooth front sprocket on eBay through CMPO oh and I left my rear sprocket as it was as it was good condition can't mind how many tooth it is lol ! Defo change the front sprocket though it makes so much difference especially when the big bore kits fitted it's an essential to get more top end ,there's pretty much no first gear on these bikes when stock it just revs really high and is useless

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast