Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Hi guys ,quick question need a new cdi for my bike and tried to purchase a performance cdi using taobao now agent but after taking my cash they have told me the item is not available anymore and offererd me this one ?will it work? Looks like you need to configure it through a computer or something ? http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/deta...id=18501876897
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

2. #2 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Guru
    That one has to be programmed through a computer. I don't know much about this one but I think it might be a bit risky as it may not come pre-programmed with the ignition curves for your bike, the software could be half broken and written in poor english and getting support from the seller will be a bit difficult.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Thanks for the reply spencer, I was thinking that myself bit of a nightmare .Do you have any taobao links to performance cdi's that would work on my bike by any chance ? I used another link to one I seen on the forum but that was the one that turned out to be unavailable .
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

4. #4 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Guru
    This is the only link I have, this is the CDI that I own.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9153886492
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Thanks Spencer,that one is unavailable too and i cant seem to find anything else other than the programable one they offered me which seems a bit weird.. if only it was pre programmed it wouldnt be so bad lol looks like its back to the stock CDI unit unless anyone else has any links for the performance CDI on Taobao

6. #6 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Are you able to contact the seller through the agent and ask if it is pre-programmed or not?

7. #7 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    I've asked the taobao now agent if they can ask the seller for me but I've still not heard anything back yet and it seems the agent doesn't type very good English so I'm having difficulty making sence if it all. I've ordered an oil cooler kit too for my bike and that was a nightmare aswell but think it's resolved lol fingures crossed anyway

8. #8 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Denso "05370"(pre-euro? B/S ie early 00s) - more aggressive curve , w/o rev limiter
    http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r...3A1#J_relative

---
    That thingy is "pre-programmed" . Pm the developer http://www.motoyes.net/bbs/home.php?mod=space&uid=2790 for Q s.

9. #9 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Thanks Humanbeing,the Taobao agent got back to me this morning after contacting the seller about the programable CDI unit and it appears it has been pre programmed with the best settings for the ignition curve and will come with printed settings for all models should you wish to tune yourself ,so I decided to go ahead with it but I'm confused there's two versions ! Here's the options I've got
    1. No speed signal lines EN series of special edition models
    2. Speed signal line version

Which one do I need ??

10. #10 Re: Would this performance cdi work on the superbyke rmr 125? 
    Anyone know?? I'm guessing the speed signal lines are the wires ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast