Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: My new E-bike

1. #1 My new E-bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,
    I just buy a new Daymak Torino, it's a E-bike with a 500 watts motor, 48 volts battrie and a top speed of 32 km\h.
    I see the wire to remove the speed limiter, when i disconnect the top speed pass at 45 km\h!
    Very confortable, moped style and light. I know this model is sold with a lot of different name.
    The thing i dont like on this model, no speedometer and 4 LED for the power of the batterie...

IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg

In the past years, i had a lot of e-bike, you can see it on my little web page!
    My 2 littles web pages of all the moped, E-bike and E-scooter i had! (In French!)
    http://veloelectriquequebec.forumactif.ca/

All the mopeds i had!
    http://cyclomoteurquebec.forumsclub.com/

2. #2 Re: My new E-bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by vermi View Post
    Hi,
    I just buy a new Daymak Torino, it's a E-bike with a 500 watts motor, 48 volts battrie and a top speed of 32 km\h.
    I see the wire to remove the speed limiter, when i disconnect the top speed pass at 45 km\h!
    Very confortable, moped style and light. I know this model is sold with a lot of different name.
    The thing i dont like on this model, no speedometer and 4 LED for the power of the batterie...

IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg

In the past years, i had a lot of e-bike, you can see it on my little web page!
    no speedometer..then how do you know how fast it is??? anyway the speedometers on electric bikes are purposely designed to list faster than you are actually going...its China..what else would anyone expect!!

3. #3 Re: My new E-bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    no speedometer..then how do you know how fast it is??? anyway the speedometers on electric bikes are purposely designed to list faster than you are actually going...its China..what else would anyone expect!!
    Yea not just the e-bikes, I always thought I had gone 140km/h on my Chinese 250cc once.

Well now I upgraded to a Japanese bike, i realize that speedo was showing 20% more than actual speed.

I heard a friend calling this a "Happy speedo", quite right.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens