Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: German newbie

1. #1 German newbie 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

a quick introduction of myself.

I´m a 41 years old German and enthusiastic motorbiker. I´m in Shanghai since 14 month now and I´m starting to get nervous being here without a bike or even without a nice ride.

I´m especially interested, if there is a community drivin on the Shanghai race tracks and on Asia trips by bike.

I will start to do my research on the forum, If you could give me any hind, they are highly welcome.

So see you soon
    Last edited by krauss.stefan@wb.de; 03-15-2014 at 11:36 AM.

2. #2 Re: German newbie 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Gidday there Stefan or Krauss?

Welcome to MCM crazies bus... You will find there are a number of riders and MCM peeps based up there in Shanghai. There is from time to time a Shanghai No Night Bike under a thread of the same name here on MCM Shanghai et al., regulars get together from time to time. There is also the TianMa racing circuit down in the SW corner of the outskirts of Shanghai if you are into racing as well. There is HK based motorcycle racing website that also operates racing/events and the like out of China. Just be careful of the motorcycles shop(s) based out TianMa circuit (although there was only one the last time I rode up there {used to be several once upon a time)) as the eye candy (I'm referring to motorcycles here and not the other kind) and some swift BS talk from the salesmen there, might have you parting with some moolah (money) on one ride or another only to find it is anything but what the salesmen promised (be warned). There are few if any legal bikes on offer from these types of shops. As for legit and legal bikes or avenues for the same just browse on over at the 'deals from dealers', or 'manufacturers info', and 'for sale' sections of MCM.

FWIW... Not sure too if you are aware that the pseudonym you've chosen for use here on MCM might see you end up with tonnes of spam etc., from the web trawling bots... just saying.

YMMV.

As for rides, keep your eye's on MCM as there's a possibility that myself and another MCM member might attempt to organise a large group of riders with bikes to ride from the mainland via Laos or Burma into Thailand sometime near the end of 2014. I've just spent 7 weeks riding round the NW of Thailand (15000km's), Chiang Rai, Nan, Pai, Mae Hong Son, and other 'Golden Triangle' loops including a substantial amount of off-road tracks too.

Found a large number of Chinese plated cars driving round the NW Thailand area during the CNY and have determined that it is possible to ride bikes from PRC into Thailand provided the bike is legally titled and plated etc.

I'll likely be doing a RR in the near future on the riding we did in Thailand, once I've had time to sort trough the substantial number of photos etc.

3. #3 Re: German newbie 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your quick reply and also for the warm welcome,

You can call me Stefan.

I will check the forum to get more details on this.

By the way do you have any recommendation to by a motor cycling suit and helmet maybe in the Shanghai area?

Thanks
    Stefan