Hi everyone -

I'm starting to think a bit about organizing a ride through Tibet this coming July and have been working with Tibet Travel on some of the logistics and costs. I'm still in the early stages of planning, but wanted to see if anyone had any interest in making the ride.

Tibet Travel can help us get the necessary permits, guide, and a support vehicle.

A "minimum" trip of 5 days would run around 14k RMB. We'd meet the guide in southern Qinghai close to the border of the Tibetan Autonomous Region, ride two days to Lhasa, spend one day in Lhasa, and then ride two days back out. The meeting point would be about 500 km from Golmud.

A longer trip of 20 days runs around 70k RMB. This would probably be something like Xining through the T.A.R. (including Lhasa and Mt. Kailash) and out to Kashgar. I think this price is negotiable, depending on # days, meeting point, etc.

The costs are fairly fixed and could be divided evenly across the group.

Basically every detail is flexible - the two options above are just to get an idea of costs - so departure points, # days, route, timing, etc. could all be changed.

If you have any interest, let me know!

Pat