Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    been away from the forum for a while............but used this time well
    under my indications, my mechanic took all "euro 3" pollution stuff away from the bike, changed shock adsorber with a used Hornet 600 one, took air filter box away and put a cone filter on carburator
    made forks a bit stiffer, fixed some electrical problems and some noises, changed some nuts and bolts in the frame/engine connection area
    put a tiny riser under side stand as the bike got higher with the new shock adsorber
    it's a completely new feeling
    road handling has dramatically improved as well as riding with passenger
    top speed is probably the same but the way it reaches it is better and the aspiration noise...........man, it's GREAT !
    next steps foreseen are taking away cat from exhaust and changing the original Dunlop tyres with the quieter TW 203 and 204 Bridgestone ones
    wanna let other owners know (in case they prefer the "trail style" tyres) that Vee Rubber (Thailand) also produces measures (VRM 274 and 275) to fit the V-Raptor

2. #12 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Raptor View Post
    Hi China moto'ers
    My wife is now the proud owner of a Skyteam V-Raptor 250...I found it second hand at a local bike shop, three and a bit years old but with only 1100kms on the clock...Stupidly cheap for such a pretty bike, and so far, (We've clocked up around 120 miles in the last week), it seems like a great little bike.
    Attachment 15012

I've spent a couple of days prettifying it with some vinyls and matte black brushwork, (It was looking just a little tired in places), but mechanically it seems good to go! I've read that Skyteam have approved a carburettor/gearing upgrade which gives a little more midrange uuummph and wondered if anyone on here had had their bike modified?
    I'll keep posting as we continue to increase that odometer number...
    Cheers
    Everyone
    Vince Raptor
    This is a very nice looking bike, but I would be curious to know how it handles with those fat tires.

3. #13 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    ordered bridgestone tw203 and 204, will mount them soon and report on ride feeling
    few days ago I had the final confirmation about the need for less "offroad style" tyres...........on a rainy day and on irregular road going downhill was bringing my son to school.......each touch on rear brake pedal between tight turns meant a extra beat to my heart and a tremble on my wrist veins
    hope aftermarket carburetor and exhaust will follow soon
    enjoy your Raptor everybody !!!

4. #14 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    by the way.............no problems at all on dry roads.............no experience yet on offroad tracks..............even if it tickles my curiosity, I am mostly a paved road rider

5. #15 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    Dottore, slipping is normal occurrence. It can be scary, but you are not noob rider.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #16 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    Yeah, slipping is not a biggie, but if you are uncomfortable of that you definetly should spend time on dirt and mud, or on whatever, and learn by your spinal to react correctly to slipping, so that it become the second nature to you.

7. #17 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    you are both so right my serbian and finnish friend but..............as long as i'd LOVE to take courses and pratice about dirt/mud/offroad/motard riding...............I have to face reality and my usual roads..............mostly city (and YEAH roads can be pitiful in Naples and resemble offroad in some ways) and highway (just a bit and on short distances only, I have no protection against wind and riding at 80-100 Km/h while cars/trucks around me speed a lot faster can be pretty SCARY)

8. #18 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    I once felt it a bit scary on a highway in winter when the road was a bit of a mess of snow, and 5 meters behind me and MZ a truck came like a train Did not want to make a mistake there

9. #19 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    well I took Dunlops off and mounted Bridgestone TW 203 and 204 and so far it feels a lot better on dry road in terms of reduced vibrations and roadholding............we are experiencing one of the mildest driest warmest seasons I remind so it's gonna hopefully take a bit longer to test them on wet roads...............no complains at all about it
    while i was dealing with new tyres my mechanic gave me a good suggestion so I took off catalyzer from exhaust too.............a well spent 30 euros to the welder guy and 45 minutes of a sunny saturday morning............and the bike gained a bit more strenght without adding any noise

10. #20 Re: Skyteam V Raptor 250..... New bike for my wife... 
    i am now looking for a bigger carburetor (Keihin or Mikuni or Dellorto or Polini, a bit bigger than the original 30 size) and a aftermarket exhaust terminal too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast