I for one is also waiting for a bike report
    I did hear the Doc was very close to buying
    one but I think he purchessed a imported bike
    which is a shame not for the purchessed
    Of the imported bike but he would of done
    a very good report on the GT based on his
    other bike reports he has posted on MCM
    before !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #22 Re: Benelli QianJiang 600GT for release May 2014 
    A review of a model for the Indian market, praise is high...

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/11/bik...t-ride-review/

3. #23 Re: Benelli QianJiang 600GT for release May 2014 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^ a few points the writer/tester didn't get quite right. ABS will be an option for the 600GT that will be assembled outside PRC. Two assembly/manufacturing plants will be putting the 600GT together, one in PRC in Taizhou, where the model is manufactured (non-ABS 600GT) and the other is located outside PRC which will receive the engine, frame etc (but then provide and fit the 600GT with better suspension, brake components and ABS) for the 600GT to be sold in Europe etc. I attempted to try to place an order with Qjiang to prepay for one of the overseas assembled and upgraded parts models, and have it imported back into PRC, but Qjiang weren't interested in that idea. At that time (earlier this year) Qjiang only offer the 600GT without ABS and better quality components. TIC. Perhaps the attitude might change with CFMoto models being sold with ABS locally. Let's hope so 'cause if there's any one place in the world where ABS is needed it's TIC the LFZ.

The 600GT is not really an Italian beast, it is built by Qjiang, in Taizhou, Zhejiang province, PRC!

The 600GT only made it to market this year, last year (2013) a prototype was at the EIMCA show.

The tester/writer does not indicate how long or what distance nor surfaces the 600GT was ridden for the purposes of the test - which IMO is relevant. Several friends here in PRC that have the 600i (BN600 or BJ600) have had issues with them and most have sold them. In one of the riding circles there was/is approx half a dozen BJ600's... most have had issues e.g. overheating, fuel pump failures (which is located inside the petrol tank) and so on.

A local riding friend had one of the first 600GT models since April this year, and racked up quite a number of kilometres. After taking a Kawasaki Versys KLE650 for a ride on a trip elsewhere in Asia, he promptly sold the 600GT. He is now waiting for the release of the KLE650 here in PRC as he absolutely luv'd the ride. His comments about the 600GT were it was heavy and a slug to move round and he just didn't realise just how much so until he'd ridden the 650 Versys. He didn't care that when he sold the 600GT that he'd be without a ride until Apr/May '15 when the KLE650 is released post CCC.

YMMV.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

4. #24 Re: Benelli QianJiang 600GT for release May 2014 
    I for one will wait for the 2015 new Versys to come over from Thailand for people who are looking for a good imported ADV bike then I think the Versys ticks 90% of the boxs IMO and at 83K Rmb this could be the way to go , can't wait for CF to make the talked about new ADV MT. And I am sure the Versys will sell very well in China .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: Benelli QianJiang 600GT for release May 2014 
    Sorry Doc to point out the tester/ writer did say 1/2day and 300km covered to make this report ,
    IMO still not a great distance to cover to be fair

6. #26 Re: Benelli QianJiang 600GT for release May 2014 
    These days reviews by professional journalists do not have the same accuracy or integrity than they once did. Sadly companies do pay for positive reviews these days, happens in many industries.

7. #27 Re: Benelli QianJiang 600GT for release May 2014 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys, I'm from India. Presently ride a KTM duke 390. Please don't trust Motorbeam reviews, because they're not worth. PowerDrift and Overdrive(Odmag)'s youtube channel and blogs are good and realistic. Benelli have created a lot of noise in India and the bn300 and 600i naked is selling like hotcakes. Even GT the tourer one got good response. I'm planning for the GT after waiting for few month; mainly to see the reviews and the parts/service cost. But as I read through the forum it seems if you fill the 27ltr tank to full the GT becomes very much Front/top heavy bike on corners. Is it true? I've taken a test ride the motor is very smooth, clutch is light and gerabox is butter smooth. It costs almost 10500-11000$ on road(Inclusive of insurance and other taxes) in India without the Panniers+luggage mount(700$ more for these!). The service interval is like this:
    1st service at 1000kms - oil change(3.5Ltrs Motul7100 10W50+oil filter change)
    After that every service at 4000KMs interval. Isn't it too much? May be they're doing this to make money?
    Indian DSK group tied up with Benelli for selling and service the bike in India. DSK also sales Hyosung here and provides very pathetic experience regarding service and parts cost. I was riding a Hyosung GT650 naked model before and was forced to sell it very less price due to the problems with the bike. God knows what they'll do with Benelli.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123