Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from BC Canada. 
    C-Moto Noob
    IMGP0137.JPG
    Thanks for the welcome Crazy Carl. That's a photo of me and the wife on the road in Arizona back in "94.
    I have had bikes and worked on themsince I was 12 years old.
    I remember when the first wave of Japanese bikes hit our streets and predjudiced reception to them. We considered them to be crap, but look at them today! I have a bunch of Hondas in my stable. In more recent times; its Chinese bikes and the general attitude is similar. This time I am keeping an open mind. They are definately affordable, so getting into motorcycling is available to lot of people that otherwise might not be able to afford it. Sure there are some issues with some of the Chinese bikes and these will surely be sorted out in time.
    I still work on bikes as a kind of paying hobby and I find more and more Chinese bikes in need of TLC. I have accumulated a few to date and am now searching out technical information and wiring diagrams etc. so that I can return them to service. I will be sharing information as it becomes available to me.
    Now I am going to check out some more of MCM!
    See you in the forums!

2. #2 Re: Hello from BC Canada. 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Welcome 100milehowie, from a fellow Canuck.

I've spent a lot of time in the "sticks" around your neighbourhood (summer jobs in the mills [pulling off the chain] & bush [slash burning, planting, fire fighting]; and riding Yamaha XT dirties across every crown land road I could find), and will hopefully be back this summer riding around PG.

In about 1986, a buddy of mine and I were trailing on XT600s around the Chasm (Clinton). He crashed into a tree and bent the frame, among other things. The bike ended up in 100 mile for "repairs" but he never went back for it. Hmmmm ... I wonder if it ended up in your shop? Hahahaha.

Anyways, again, welcome!

3. #3 Re: Hello from BC Canada. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the welcome Lao Jia Hou. There are a lot of backcountry roads here for sure. Too bad about your friend's XT600. If I had seen or heard about it, I would remember. It might be a difficult task to trace it down after all these years, but you never know. I will let you know if any info about it comes to light. Let me know if you are going to be around my neighbourhood this summer.
    If it has two wheels and a motor: I like it!

4. #4 Re: Hello from BC Canada. 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Haha - I doubt very much that the bike still exists. If I remember correctly, I think the repair bill was more than the value of the bike.

Will definitely send you a PM if we're around 100 mile.