Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well It had Motul V300 oil and sure enough it was leaking little oil at my +2000km trip but not much and I did keep my eye on the level.

Anyway.. small update also.

My ECU has fried!!

Problems started one beautiful evening when kill switch did not work, so I thought well I just turn the key.. well.. WRONG! turned the key and bike kept running while I was holding my key!!!

after few minutes it did turn off.. lucky.

then I noticed that when I turned my key off fuel pump staid on!! not a good thing. and this problem did come and go for a while.

Eventually I did change fuelpump relay what was always on
    (same thing did happen to my fan relay also)

Ended up replacing both 2 out of 3 relays, after that bike worked great minus flat battery so if it turned off no juice to restart!

Parked bike and left Bangkok for 4 days..............

Back home and bike will not start nor fuel pump prime, took battery out and recharge it as thought it was just flat!

But no!! still no luck. ECU did get power and all fuses were good so ECU is dead..

Shop did send my ECU to Ho Chi Minh city in order to repair it but no luck.. now waiting new one to come. Finger cross!!

2. #32 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well, it did leak little oil on my 2000km trip but level never dropped too low.

LITTLE UPDATE

Now with new ECU it works again, but I cant reset ECU anymore with normal "Twist full throttle & power on, and wait EFI light...." as I try to do it my fuelpump starts normally.

I also had some problem with my fuelpump, it worked ok, but seems not 100% as it was quite harsh to drive (jerking in low RPM) So I swapped it with new one what had bad "Pressure regulator"?? so had to swap that from the old pump to the new pump.
    Last edited by Wald0; 10-20-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Banned
    You maybe find that your ECU issue is due to fuel pump drawing larger current via ecu
    Sometimes ecu failed is due to a component having issues
    Problem isn't the face of symptom but another root cause

4. #34 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Sadly I have to inform that I have sold my bike! don't get me wrong I loved it!! maybe even too much to admit to myself that it was not always the best bike :/ sure there was some quality issues but most of the times it did work great!

I will be going back to bigger class with CBR 1000rr but! instead of having 1000cc crotch rocket will take fairings off and adding handlebars and different headlight to get it looking something like this. RFK5 (1).jpgRFK1.jpg

5. #35 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I can sympathise with you. Give 'em a few more years of development and they'll get there...

As for your proposed new ride, why reinvent the wheel... if you can lay your hands on one of these models, you won't need to rip the panels off nor change the headlight...
    These are my picks for the segment (naked/street bike category)...

Kwaka Z1000
    Yamaha FZ1 or FZ-07 or FZ-09
    Yamaha XJR1300
    Duc GT1000 touring
    Duc S4R
    Suzuki VStrom DL1000
    Suzuki GSX1100
    Triumph Speed Triple
    KTM Super Duke
    MV Brutale 910R (RR1090)
    Aprilia Tuono V4
    BMW RnineT
    ..+ some other models from 2010+

YMMV
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #36 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Sure, but Z1000 with that money they have 2008 models and not a huge fan of that look.. :/

speed triple would be also great but price will be a lot higher and they are really rare in Vietnam
    and for some funny reason nobody wants to sell them if they have one ;)

Fz1n 2007 I had already and was thinking to buy it again but then did change my mind..
    as fueling was pretty horrible at least 2007 model :)

but choosing a bike is not easy!! this is really hard!! :D

7. #37 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    How about a Versys either 650 or 1000? If you can get one there. Both models been revamped and both models include ABS. The Versys, is a model well suited to the majority of riding surfaces, given the propensity for those surfaces to be anything other than smooth. A big plus is that the Versys 650 is made next door to you in Thailand. If you could lay your hands on one...

I was chatting with a local rider just a few weeks ago (who had owned quite a collection of various bike models). He'd had a BN600GT (aka BN6500GS-A) since April, and had sold it... his verdict - too heavy and stiff for the riding here. He had ridden a Versys 650 in Singapore on a trip, and fell in luv with the bike, so when he returned to PRC, sold the Benelli BN600GT and is now waiting for the Versys 650model to be made available in PRC (April/May '15). He's not alone, I know of others who also like that model bike... and especially some of the foreign riders in Thailand.

Another option, might be the F800GS being manufactured in Thailand...

I appreciate you want a naked bike, but I guess these would mainly be sourced from Japan and further a-field, so import costs to Vietnam if they are anything like PRC would make them a high cost.

Are any of the Thailand manufactured MC's being imported into Vietnam and if so are these landing and imported with lesser amount of duties and taxes, like they are here in PRC?
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-11-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

8. #38 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    yes, there are few but they are not cheap.. considering you still have to pay 100% import tax.. well then again if its produced in Japan you have to pay +300% :/ &%&&!!!!

Personally I always liked naked bikes and never been huge fan bikes like versys, 650 i would not buy as its still twin and I want to go back to four cylinders, I was even thinking to buy 2008 R1 and just throw FZ1 headlight there, but that bike engine was not in good condition so I decided let that go.

other thing in the FZ1 is that the CBR has better suspension. maybe if it was the same I would take FZ1 (although it is harder to resell here as not many people like them. )

9. #39 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    So you you sold it, I thought you'd might, best of luck with your new ride.

Keep us informed about how it goes. Taking a fairing off a CBR and putting a round light on seems like quite a project, but if you can do anything half a beautiful as the bike in the picture, it would be a beaut.

10. #40 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    So you you sold it, I thought you'd might, best of luck with your new ride.

Keep us informed about how it goes. Taking a fairing off a CBR and putting a round light on seems like quite a project, but if you can do anything half a beautiful as the bike in the picture, it would be a beaut.

Well, there is and was little work to be done but still less than what I put in the CF :)

Taking fairing off was easy ;) only problem was the light and had to give up that round headlight plan as CB600F headlight and dash fairing is bitch to get!!! could buy new but the cost is not just worth it. :/

Had to machine top triple so could mount my risers and handlebars and also cut new bracket for dash and same bracket also keeps new headlight in place.

also had to change and make longer control cables except the clutch cable what seems to have enough length also reroute cables as they did run next to frame and not in the top where I wanted them to go.

Still cant do a wheelie!! where 650nk would raise the front this monster just burn rubber!! even when doing 90km/h!!! I need more traction :D

10497141_866780403372426_8574747622105497046_o.jpg
    This is how i got the bike, black and silver
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    Rough triple tree cut, still needed more machining
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    all mounted but not painted yet, little mistake as did cut hole for USB plug just little too small! (1-2mm)
    IMG_4347.jpg
    rear and tank cover painted, headlight still needs the paint.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast