Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    Well, as technically you are right, there are no specific mufflers for 650... except.. As this bike it done by copying Kawasaki 650cc engine we can assume that it uses similar fuel ratios too, sure we cant know if they are how good, but I would think it is pretty close so I would say any slip on that is good for Er6 or ninja 650 would work great on this bike. True there is not any real way to test this except dyno and trust me I would have taken my bike to one if it would be closer than 1500km :) and yes.. while there are no ECU yet or piggyback devices they might be coming. (not sure powercommander unless 650tr or Nk would hit the US markets)

Ps. it looks like PCV cant control 650Nk ignition advances, but as my sensor might be broken I can only confirm this after I get new sensor as my will read only 300ohm and kawasaki manual does refer it to be minimum 372ohm.. and CFMoto service manual don't have these values.
    There is a certain logic to what you are saying about the engine being similar fuel mix between the Kawasaki and CFMOTO. However there is much more going on than that. Firstly it's a different engine, made by different people, and doesn't even take the same amount of oil. Secondly there are different electronics and a different amount of restriction in both stock systems. I'm sure you are aware that Kawasaki and CFMOTO will have set their ECU to match their stock cat and muffler restriction. So by using a slip on for a Ninja 650 there is no real way of knowing exactly what you are doing to the bike unless we test it and arrive at actual data.

So for me, as much as I'd love to shave a few kilos off my bike, gain a little power and get a slightly better looking bike there is no way that I'm touching it unless there is:
    -A way to test the fuel ratio, torque and power using a dyno with a Ninja 650/ER6 slip-on and know it's OK
    -Someone makes that a specific aftermarket slip-on just for the CFMOTO 650s, with actual data for their product

I respect what you are doing with your power commander set-up, but it's not what I'm in to personally.

2. #22 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    There is a certain logic to what you are saying about the engine being similar fuel mix between the Kawasaki and CFMOTO. However there is much more going on than that. Firstly it's a different engine, made by different people, and doesn't even take the same amount of oil. Secondly there are different electronics and a different amount of restriction in both stock systems. I'm sure you are aware that Kawasaki and CFMOTO will have set their ECU to match their stock cat and muffler restriction. So by using a slip on for a Ninja 650 there is no real way of knowing exactly what you are doing to the bike unless we test it and arrive at actual data.

So for me, as much as I'd love to shave a few kilos off my bike, gain a little power and get a slightly better looking bike there is no way that I'm touching it unless there is:
    -A way to test the fuel ratio, torque and power using a dyno with a Ninja 650/ER6 slip-on and know it's OK
    -Someone makes that a specific aftermarket slip-on just for the CFMOTO 650s, with actual data for their product

I respect what you are doing with your power commander set-up, but it's not what I'm in to personally.

In what world different oil amounts has anything to do if its different engine?? and BTW its 0.3L more in 650 and that is not much..
    as stroke is same, bore is same, power is same, fact there is no single part of internally that you could not go and buy from Kawasaki.
    yes, injectors on 650 have only 5 holes compared to 12 what Kawasaki has...

I get your point also! you want to have on your bike something what is proven.. one option is to get Triumph ;)

and at the moment I love my bike! it goes as fast as before and sounds great! in fact I drive my bike every day that is if its not raining as then it sure is not FUN anymore :) One slight thing is.. when breaking it will dive too much.... uups almost gave away my next project ;)

and that can weight is nothing... you can loose same amount or more chancing your swing arm from Kawasaki Versys ;) direct bolt on modification..

3. #23 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Changing Crank position sensor from Kawasaki ER6 part number #59026-0018
    This part is almost identical of CFmoto original.. however! there are few slight differences between parts.

1. Sensor part seems to sit slightly closer to timing rotor.
    2. Sensor leads needs to be swapped as it seems CFMoto produce them with different pin order (same was the case of TPS sensor.)
    3. Oil pressure rubber cap need to swap to CFMoto one as Kawasaki part is lot shorter.

Attachment 15263
    Old part.
    Attachment 15264
    Case open
    Attachment 15265
    Rubber covers, left CFMoto and on the right Kawasaki part.

Also I did change clutch actuator and push rod from Kawasaki they were direct fit.
    these where from 2009-2011 ER6.

4. #24 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    Changing Crank position sensor from Kawasaki ER6 part number #59026-0018
    This part is almost identical of CFmoto original.. however! there are few slight differences between parts.

1. Sensor part seems to sit slightly closer to timing rotor.
    2. Sensor leads needs to be swapped as it seems CFMoto produce them with different pin order (same was the case of TPS sensor.)
    3. Oil pressure rubber cap need to swap to CFMoto one as Kawasaki part is lot shorter.

Attachment 15263
    Old part.
    Attachment 15264
    Case open
    Attachment 15265
    Rubber covers, left CFMoto and on the right Kawasaki part.

Also I did change clutch actuator and push rod from Kawasaki they were direct fit.
    these where from 2009-2011 ER6.

Hi Wald0

The picture attachment links are not opening for me !!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Wald0

Funny! same now for me.
    and I have managed to delete those other pictures from my computer also.

IMG_3247.jpg
    Here is Kawasaki part.

Another problem what i have had for long time is back seat!
    It has a habit to open if the road is little bumpy!! one time it even flew to street and i had to make U-turn to pick it up.
    I really need to fix this problem some how.
    Anybody else experience this kind problem??

6. #26 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Wald0

Funny! same now for me.
    and I have managed to delete those other pictures from my computer also.

IMG_3247.jpg
    Here is Kawasaki part.
    picture is upside down!!

Another problem I have had for long time is the back seat!
    It has a habit to open if the road is little bumpy!! one time it even flew to street and i had to make U-turn to pick it up.
    I really need to fix this problem some how.
    Anybody else experience this kind problem??

7. #27 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    So next step in this project was USD conversion. ZX10r fork swap.

And next problem is bad ECU! I have had issues about surging a while now, and today had a change to test another bikes ECU and it did clear the problem....
    So it looks like have to go shopping new ECU..

8. #28 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Today took the PCV off from the bike just to make sure it was not faulty PCV, and it was not!
    Bike still runs like crap, but what is funny that not all the time so maybe something heats in ECU and fails.
    as sometimes it does works good, lately less and less times....

9. #29 Re: Waldo's CFMoto 650nk 
    C-Moto Senior
    So little update what has been going lately.

First I thought that My ECU had some problems (still might) as i tried another ECU and bike did run better, but culprit was faulty fuel pump and after changing that bike run ok again.

Secondly, I just did 2000km+ trip from Hanoi to Da Nang and back and next day engine started to make noise like there was loose bolt somewhere, at idle there was no sound but after revving the engine the sound was back. it turn out that my connection rod bearings where done!! on cylinder 1 and it did require complete engine rebuild. this bike had seen around 20000km so not sure why they failed.

Must say I did love that Da Nang trip, but my gearing was little too small as i currently have 13/46 sprokets compared to standard 15/46 and was lucky i could drive it to back to Hanoi.

IMG_3711.jpgIMG_3713.jpgIMG_3715.jpgIMG_3716.jpg
    These had seen better days.

10330298_10154398553925331_7877256803391899022_n.jpg
    Now it is working again.

Banned
    By the looks on your bearings it's had shit oil or lack oil changes and oil starved

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast