Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Supermoto GY200

1. #1 Supermoto GY200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum here and I was looking to see if anyone could help solve this problem. A few months ago I went to go start my Supermoto GY200, but the battery was dead so I hooked up the battery charger to it and decided to try and start it that way. The bike would crank and crank but wouldn't run for only a couple seconds while using starting fluid(switch is on at this point), then all if a sudden the key wouldn't work in the ignition and the bike wants crank on its own without the key being in(switch is off at this point). It bothers me that I can't figure out the problem, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. #2 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    Have you checked the spark plug? That is usually the first thing I have done when my bike kind of, sort of, wants to start, and starts and then dies (I am no bike expert, but it took me just once to figure that out with help on chinariders.net). The ignition issue is something else altogether, though. Like I said, try the spark plug for that issue since they are easy and cheap (if you do actually need a new one).

Who makes your bike, or is the brand name?

3. #3 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank you for responding, I'll see if I can get a spark plug this weekend and I probably do a need a new spark plug since it's the original from when I got it.. As for the brand name I'm unsure, but I do know that it says Supermoto Gy200 on the sides by the gas tank.

4. #4 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    If you have photos, post them. Also, if you haven't already joined, go to www.chinariders.net Chinariders.net has a lot of members from here who are members there, too.

5. #5 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    C-Moto Noob
    BTW I did buy a spark plug for it today, I will put it in tomorrow when I get the chance... The reason the bike's side panels are off and the seat isn't secure is because I was trying to figure out what was wrong and so I could get to the battery.

In the photo below, with the gauges, the dial I have circled should display what gear it's in when the key is turned to the "ON" position but it doesn't display it when I turn it to the "On" position. I should mention that all the electronics worked when I went to originally get it going (stated in my first post), but like 30 minutes into trying to get it started the electronics went funky, meaning that the bike wanted to start on it's own without the key.I figured this picture might make it easier to understand what I am talking about.

In the photo below, the throttle side, the kill switch I have circled is in the off position, and the bike seems to want to start without a key in the ignition and while this switch is in the off position. I figured this picture might make it easier to understand what I am talking about.

In the photo below is a sticker that is on the frame stating the mfr. if you wanted to know that or not.

I hope these images were what you were looking for and I hope they help solve the issue.

6. #6 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Is there any benefit to the other link, www.chinariders.net? If the issue can be solved here then I'd rather not join another forum.

7. #7 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy1206 View Post
    Is there any benefit to the other link, www.chinariders.net? If the issue can be solved here then I'd rather not join another forum.
    You would have a better chance of finding another person from the US. This site tends to be international, and people are posting all the time about bikes that we do not get in the US. The majority of the members of chinariders are from US and Canada.

8. #8 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    You have a bad ignition switch and probably more. There are couple of members on China riders that like to offer trouble shooting help, so if you post on there you may get some consult, maybe?

Here is a google image search result on HiSun GY200 Wiring Diagram.

Notice that there is an image of your model hosted on chinariders.

9. #9 Re: Supermoto GY200 
    C-Moto Noob
    That diagram seems to be alot of work lol thanks for the help and btw I created an account on that forum and posted the same thing there.