Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Stumped

1. #1 Stumped 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys
    I have a gingqui 125GY, i found it in a shed an paid an old lady the equivalent of 200 bucks for it. it has relatively low milage but the previous owner took her apart... i duno why coz I've put her back together and found no damage.
    I've searched the forum and didnt find what I was looking for. So i think this might be the part were i ask a stupid question. The guy who took her apart did not mark the timing (on the chain and sprocet in the valve cover, not the valve timing.) And i have no idea how to fix this. I've turned the crank so the gap on the far side is in line with the front (of the Bike) part of the block,but i still have no compression.(I can turn the motor with the kickstarter using my hand) can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ajax,

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about or describing but as far as engine timing goes, it's all in sync or its not. The timing chain is simplay a chain and it doesn't need any special marks.

You need to be sure that the crank is at TDC (Top dead center) and you can find this by unplugging the little holes on the left engine case and turning the flywheel until you see a little "T" in the top window.

At this point in time, your cam should have an alignment mark on it which needs to be set to correct orientation (usually against the engine case) with the chain on it.

If we're talking about different things then maybe you could snap some pictures to tell us what you're talking about and the problem you're having?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Cam timing Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200) 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    If you go to these two links, I've uploaded instructions taken from the Suzuki DR200SE service manual. They are the same as for the Qingqi.

First this one: http://www.telecable.es/personales/a...camtiming1.jpg

And then this one: http://www.telecable.es/personales/a...camtiming2.jpg

One of these days I'm going to have the entire manual scanned. Probably be quicker than waiting for the factory to publish theirs. I can not understand how the Chinese will copy anything mechanical and saleable and yet they can't scan a manual and just change the "Suzuki" or whatever references.

I know I would... but there again here in Spain we also have a culture of corruption that makes African dictators look like philanthropists.

Seriously though, Some Chinese makers do publish manuals. I have factory manuals for my Monkey bikes from Jincheng and have an entire CD full of service manuals for a range of Zongshen machines. What I don't understand is that Qingqi, that makes what's arguably one of the finest Chinese products, can't be arsed to write one.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

4. #4 thanx for reply 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ive read what i wrote and understand why i confused u dave sory for that but forchetto's links showed me what i wanted to know. my hero While on the subject of corruption the lady who i bought the bike from phoned me and asked if i wanted to regester the bike for road use, when i said no she said she was gonna report it as stolen and make an insurance claim!!!! (dont get any ideas guys, this is africa). Anyway thanx for the help i'll post some picks later.