Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    Folks,

just now i got a rumor that came from a friends drivers mouth that Beijing would ban motorcycles inside 6th ring.
    Is that an "1st of April" joke or has someone of you got some additional intel about that?

ShuBen
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #2 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    C-Moto Regular
    Not rumour actually but as it turns out it only affects non Jing-plated bikes. Starting from April 11th all non Jing-plated motorcycles will not be allowed within Beijing's 6th ring (used to be 5th ring). Jing A and Bs are not affected apparently. The wording on the media reports made it seem as if ALL motorcycles world be banned.

3. #3 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    As for enforcement, well, we'll see how that works out. I don't recall the 5th Ring Road rule ever being adhered to.

Also, after President Xi Jinping's call for austerity measures, as well as implementing "green technology", the Traffic Police have found it necessary to make some adjustments to patrol vehicles ...

T

4. #4 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    Another silly practically unenforcable law made up by unelected car drivers.
    Why all these bans? I don't know about Beijing but where I am, I'm a 1%er! The 1% of motorcyclists who is actually legal! Maybe if the police did their farking job.....

5. #5 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    I have also heard that Jing A's will have the one day no drive stipulation to motorcycles according the the #'s on the tag....
    LMMC/LAMF

6. #6 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    C-Moto Regular
    On a brighter note it seems that the rumoured Jing B Gong Hu (company registration) ban has not been implemented (yes, that passes as a brighter note for motorcycling in China).

7. #7 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    April 11th is the target date of these restrictions..could be it will take place then
    LMMC/LAMF

8. #8 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hclayjones View Post
    I have also heard that Jing A's will have the one day no drive stipulation to motorcycles according the the #'s on the tag....
    They already had for at least a year!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

9. #9 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    The government/police have lost ALL credibility with these "laws" that are rarely enforced and have minuscule penalties.

Case in point ...http://english.cri.cn/6909/2014/04/08/3441s821023.htm

Fine for jaywalking is 10 rmb. Come on. What the hell can I buy in Beijing for 10 rmb? One third a cup of Starbucks? Half a Filet of Fish burger? These fines are a f'n joke!

Please gods, let me be King for a little while.

Jaywalking? First offence, 1,000 rmb, payable on the spot (yes, we accept credit/debit cards). Hit by a car while jaywalking/crossing against a light? You become 100% responsible for your own injuries. My new rules, as King, would be in line with those found in the West.

Enforcement? 24/7, by ALL police, including those "administrative" guys that drive around on their fat asses doing piss all. As King, I'd also open up the motorcycling environment, while simultaneously cracking down (without mercy) on the illegal bikes.

I'd probably last about .... hmmmm ... a month, as King, before there was a palace revolt and my head was chopped off. Nevertheless, it would be a good month.

10. #10 Re: New rumor about Beijing motorbike ban inside 6th ring 
    Are you sure LJH? 'Jaywalking' is a slippery tricky old one. Some countries 'jaywalking' is simply not crossing in a designated area. In other countries 'jaywalking' is crossing the road in a suicidal manner in an incredibly stupid place without looking. Being China they'd take the former rather than the latter, thus in effect making the car even more king than it already is an introducing loads of fat ass office jockey police into the busiest places in town to feed like sharks on the jaywalking cash bonanza if the weather is nice enough. Very bad idea IMHO. I'm sure of this because of the insane amount of speed cameras even in tiny villages and on intersections with no traffic. Camera = chance to make money from office. Safety of road users? Ha ha, last reason ever.

However I agree with people jaywalking/riding ebikes/cycles/bicycles the wrong way down roads being forced to pay their own hospital bills and opening up the places for legal bikes and cracking down very hard on illegal bikes. But I doubt I'll ever see anything open up for bikes. Car drivers have had everything their own way for too long I'm afraid.

No registration bikes should be seized, crushed and then a 10,000 yuan fine otherwise it's just ridiculous, I know Chinese people with bikes who have everything they need to register their bike. Legal made in China bike with VIN and fapiao, ID card, local Hukou etc, everything, and here its only about 350 yuan plus 650 yuan insurance over 250cc and about 200 yuan insurance under 250cc, at most 1000 yuan even for a big bike. Yet some how they have this mentality that they don't need to waste their money on this, as though it was like asking to put a registration plate on a bicycle. Surely this culture must end? It's this flip-flop between lax as heck or fascist as hell which I can't understand. I'm from the UK where most laws are reasonable and to make the country safer, but China seems to be country with petty childish laws to enforce some kind of insecure infantile hierarchy, with no thought to safety that are either totally ignored or followed mercilessly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast