Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, picked up a used shineray xy250-g2. It's had a rough childhood and need to go through and check parts and the frame for damage. Does anyone know of a English manual for this model? Dirt bikes are a new world for me, prior has been custom cruisers. Any help would be appreciated.

2. #2 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Or if anyone has a pic of the stock setup for under the plastic. Everything was just thrown under the seat. Trying to get everything back where its supposed to be.

3. #3 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What pictures of the bike are you interested in? Factory manual for this bike would not help you, it is useless (except the wire diagram). I use honda AX-1 or NX250 manual for engine maintenance (bolt tightening moments, volume of fluids, valves etc.), everything else is simple to other dirt bikes. The FastAce suspension looks like to be a secret technology, no information about it))

4. #4 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Lol yeah it seems they dont care to much about putting info out.
    was looking for a pic of under the side covers. None of my electronics are in the correct place. Ive removed the airbox now, guess I really dont need them anymore.

5. #5 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    As for me, it is not a good idea to ride bike (especially dirt\wood riding) without airbox. The construction of airbox in this bike is made to except stealing of power, so you won"t win any more horsepowers with removing it. Electronics are quite simple in this bike, ignition coil+CDI control unit, starter relay, recharging relay, temp. sensors on radiators+fans, neutral sensor, stoplight sensors, engine start\off, headlamp and clutch sensor. Turnlights+relay, sidestand sensor could be removed without regret. If you need photos or information - tell me, I will help. Also I would recommend you to throw away stock carburetor and to install Keihin FCR 32mm from CRF150R and to cut off catalytic neutralizators from exhaust, the bike will be much more faster. It is good bike, but some moments are to be tuned)
    Sorry for bad english, it is not my native lang.
    Last edited by Markin; 04-14-2014 at 06:59 AM.

6. #6 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the suggestions and dont worry about the english. Already resolved the egr system. Was looking at the mikuni vm32 due to the easier access of jets.

I will be running on the street 98% of the time. The dual uni filter should be more than enough protection and will allow me to install a custom seat subframe. Trying to lower the seat height another 3" with out losing suspension travel.

7. #7 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Dont know about Mikuni VM32, if it is flat-slide, I think it will be ok. In any case, to access good engine response, You need flat-slide carburetor with acceleration pump. Also, You need to make new adapter for new carb, so it does not matter what model You will choose.

8. #8 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Noob
    The mikuni is a drop in replacement, no new mount needed. It will not be an upgrade, its actually the stock carb for this model in other countries. USA got the Khein style pz30 with random jet styles.

9. #9 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Stock carb (and mount) is 28mm, it is not sufficient for good power and throttle response of the engine (and the jetting could not solve the problem, I tried many combinations). I have installed Keihin FCR 32mm, now bike is much more powerful.

10. #10 Re: New to me 2012 qlink mt 250 (xy250-g2) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hhhmmm what did you end up doing for the coolant line in the mount?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast