Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    These are not bad, they would be better with upside down forks and also a dual caliper larger front brakes. Also offerin them with 17" wheels and street tires is not a bad option.
    Again the 223cc overhead cam engine would also make it a better bike, the swing arm looks good, seem like ti be easy to adjust.
    Thanks for your suggestion, we have the options you mentioned, but Peace sports didn't ask for these options.
    We have inverted front forks, 17' on-road tire (actually we are using front 19',rear 17' on road tires).
    The engine we are using is 229cc OHV engine with balance shaft, we can also use OHC engine on this model.
    Yes, we know the proformance will be better, but the cost will be much higher, we have to consider these factors.

2. #12 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Those people are not very professional. I see that all the street legal bikes they import are according to the EPA for 2014 manufactured by Bashan.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...A-facts/page16

They have a website.....
    http://www.860579.com/

The GY are ok they can sell those, people will buy them.
    The TPGS734-250 is ok, people are already buying these as a Dongfang.

If you can make some of these then you should,

I also would not mind seeing the 223cc OHC Zongshen engine with a balance shaft and oil cooler replace the 229cc in the 250 bikes.

I do not see your partners as doing that good in the USA, what they offer seems to be the cheapest options and in that also the lowest quality.
    This sports bike is made in Zhejiang Province,we have another one Sports bike, people will see our sports bikes later this year.
    If you people think Dongfang's bike is ok, then Bashan's bike will be ok or better.

Yes, Peace Sports is selling cheap models, but we have an agreement with them to promoting our bikes.
    They will not sell our Dual Sports Bike and Sports bike like their cheap scooters.
    New channel will be established. The most import thing is they are bulding a lot of spare parts inventory for our Dual Sports bike and Sports bikes.
    So, people will be don't worry about the spare parts supply.
    Difficult to find replacement parts, this is big problem of chinese bikes. But now, we are fixing this problem..
    We'll see their changes on our bikes.

3. #13 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think we need a test ride for our Dual Sports bikes.
    This forums can gather some volunteers to test ride our bikes, make a test report and upload to this forum.
    Then people will know the bikes quality, offer some modification suggestions or feedback.
    I can collect all the feedback and improve our bikes.

I can talk about this test ride program with Peace Sports if someone want to be the volunteer.

4. #14 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    The problem with being a volunteer is there is not any compensation. Then once compensation is there obviously truth and integrity become suspect. Your English suddenly got much better….

5. #15 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Senior
    I had a Bashan with the 223cc engine a few years ago..in my opinion not a bad bike for the money,,best thing was the engine...so good the bike was stolen!!! I would stick with the conventional forks for the time being,,,cos if the seals leak its no big deal,,as oppose to USD forks ,leaking seals with them and you have a flood... As for the new models ,,they look good ,,if the price was right I would jump at owning another Bas...

6. #16 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by xpowersports View Post
    I think we need a test ride for our Dual Sports bikes.
    This forums can gather some volunteers to test ride our bikes, make a test report and upload to this forum.
    Then people will know the bikes quality, offer some modification suggestions or feedback.
    I can collect all the feedback and improve our bikes.

I can talk about this test ride program with Peace Sports if someone want to be the volunteer.
    I can be an impartial rider. I ride a TMEC 200 Enduro daily, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year since I live in Arizona (I actually don't get 2 weeks set vacation--the days the bike needs tinkering or days off account for the 2 weeks I don't ride it). My commute is approximately 16 miles each way--32 miles each day. The summer months (about 5 to 6 months here) the temperature is over 100 degrees Faranheit on my commute home (the mornings are not quite that hot, fortunately!). The bike sits in an uncovered parking lot all day, exposed to the sun, until I get off work. I have to say, for a sub-$2k bike (going by retail--I bought it used for $800) the TMEC has really impressed me! Also, I have gotten to know TMEC's primary distributor (I know they have since found another distributor for their Denali XT200) very well--Excalibur Motorsports. They are very good about having parts--very good! They have offered a very, very good deal for a brand new TMEC 200 for me--VERY good!

In other words, I will be a good tester for your bike. I am sold on the TMEC for what I use it for, and it has been reliable for almost 17 months now. Will the Bashan be just as good? I will be impartial, so as to not sabotage Bashan (the owner of Excalibur is very honest and candid about his competitor's product, and he is positive on a lot of them, but we have not discussed Bashan), and I do know these are by no means a Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, or Yamaha (as my TMEC is not, either). So, my challenge to you is the Yuma, Arizona daily commute--32 miles each day in 100+ degree Faranheit temperatures 6 months out of the year- for 52 weeks, bike test. Let me know!
    Last edited by culcune; 04-19-2014 at 06:41 PM.

7. #17 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    The problem with being a volunteer is there is not any compensation. Then once compensation is there obviously truth and integrity become suspect. Your English suddenly got much better….
    No compensation expected, either--I will give the bike back at the end of whatever time period you want me to ride it for (not that I would complain about a 'free' bike if you chose to let me have it ) . MJH is correct about impartiality...

8. #18 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    They will never give you anything for free, they want you to pay for one and market it for them and for free.

9. #19 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by xpowersports View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion, we have the options you mentioned, but Peace sports didn't ask for these options.
    We have inverted front forks, 17' on-road tire (actually we are using front 19',rear 17' on road tires).
    The engine we are using is 229cc OHV engine with balance shaft, we can also use OHC engine on this model.
    Yes, we know the performance will be better, but the cost will be much higher, we have to consider these factors.
    What is much higher? It always the same story.

10. #20 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    SSR processed the EPA certificates for the Bashan 200/250 dual sports.

They also are importing the 199/249cc Pioneer dual sports that are sourcing parts from Jinan Qingqi.
    You could make a 223cc bike to compete for less than the Pioneer. Make your GY with a 223cc and it could replace the CRF230M Honda used to make.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast