Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    We are all aware that honda manufactures a model in Brazil called a Bros right?

If you are going to screw with Honda then sell it with their 223cc engine.

I am curious what does the Bashans instruments look like?

2. #22 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I can be an impartial rider. I ride a TMEC 200 Enduro daily, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year since I live in Arizona (I actually don't get 2 weeks set vacation--the days the bike needs tinkering or days off account for the 2 weeks I don't ride it). My commute is approximately 16 miles each way--32 miles each day. The summer months (about 5 to 6 months here) the temperature is over 100 degrees Faranheit on my commute home (the mornings are not quite that hot, fortunately!). The bike sits in an uncovered parking lot all day, exposed to the sun, until I get off work. I have to say, for a sub-$2k bike (going by retail--I bought it used for $800) the TMEC has really impressed me! Also, I have gotten to know TMEC's primary distributor (I know they have since found another distributor for their Denali XT200) very well--Excalibur Motorsports. They are very good about having parts--very good! They have offered a very, very good deal for a brand new TMEC 200 for me--VERY good!

In other words, I will be a good tester for your bike. I am sold on the TMEC for what I use it for, and it has been reliable for almost 17 months now. Will the Bashan be just as good? I will be impartial, so as to not sabotage Bashan (the owner of Excalibur is very honest and candid about his competitor's product, and he is positive on a lot of them, but we have not discussed Bashan), and I do know these are by no means a Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, or Yamaha (as my TMEC is not, either). So, my challenge to you is the Yuma, Arizona daily commute--32 miles each day in 100+ degree Faranheit temperatures 6 months out of the year- for 52 weeks, bike test. Let me know!
    If you think TMEC 200 is good enough, then Bashan Brozz 250 and Shark 250 will impress you too.
    Actually, we are the firt chinese manufacturer to Copy Brazil Honda Dual Sports bike.
    We got the top quality bike in this series.
    Our export qty of these two dual sports bike are 100 times than TMEC in South American market.

3. #23 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The problem with being a volunteer is there is not any compensation. Then once compensation is there obviously truth and integrity become suspect. Your English suddenly got much better….
    Thank you MJH, actually my oral English is better. My English grammar is returning to my teachers.

4. #24 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What is much higher? It always the same story.
    Different Specifications are different price.
    For example, BMW X1 SUV, the same model but different version, the price will be different, same thing to our bikes.

5. #25 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We are all aware that honda manufactures a model in Brazil called a Bros right?

If you are going to screw with Honda then sell it with their 223cc engine.

I am curious what does the Bashans instruments look like?
    Yes, we designed our dual sports bike based on Brazil Honda, that's why we are selling very very good in South American Market.
    And our dual sports bike series are the best selling model in these countries, the demand is continuous.

The instrument is almost the same with Brazil Honda, but we are digital instrument.
    I will give you a website, people can see the details of Bashan Dual Sports bike.

6. #26 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    No compensation expected, either--I will give the bike back at the end of whatever time period you want me to ride it for (not that I would complain about a 'free' bike if you chose to let me have it ) . MJH is correct about impartiality...
    Hi culcune, I will talk with Peace Sports when I come to U.S. in June.
    Thank you

7. #27 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Senior
    I would consider buying one of these. Probably the 200 would be fine for me. If I do get one, I'd be happy to do a review. I'm 60 years old, and started riding at 8. I've owned about 25 motorcycles over 52+ years of riding. After all these years, I still enjoy riding a smaller motorcycle (and big ones too). I am on a tight budget right now, but should be able to buy by mid-November. I understand this is not a KTM. I just need something that is basic, light, easy to work on, and can do 50-55 (even if I have to change a sprocket-no problem). Mostly short range riding on the big island of Hawaii. I am also considering the TMEC dual sport 200cc . I am just fine with standard front forks. Don't need inverted forks for myself. I am just fine with an overhead valve pushrod engine. Reliable and easy to work on.

8. #28 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Hey Birdmove,

here is a dealer of the bike that MJH put on the first post:

http://www.motobuys.com/db-08-200-rkta.html

Free shipping to the 48 states--not sure how much to add to ship to Hawaii, but it couldn't hurt to call them.

9. #29 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks, culcune. I found that one. And this one:

http://powersportsbest.com/dirt-bike...irt-bikes.html

Anyone know anything about these sellers??

Note:The seller no longer has this bike available.
    Last edited by birdmove; 09-17-2015 at 06:42 PM. Reason: replaced now dead web link with a good one.

10. #30 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by xpowersports View Post
    Different Specifications are different price.
    For example, BMW X1 SUV, the same model but different version, the price will be different, same thing to our bikes.
    So then add the extra cost and maintain the same profit in dollars as the lesser offerings, BMW is in another league, they do not offer low cost anything, your analogy overly simplifying. You can get more for more, but you have to make the differences real and offer them as well as the lesser and see what sells, your partners are shifty and shady.

These are interesting,

They are on your Alibaba pages and also displayed on the Roketa website?

These are more appealing to me...if they have the 223cc OHC engine and also the better brakes.

I wonder are the added cost so much?
    Could such a model be sold at retail for $2,250.00, I think yes and then $2,500.00 delivered. But they would need to have the 223cc and with the balance shaft and preferable the oil cooler.

What is the cost difference at manufacturing between the 229cc OHV and the 223cc OHC with oil cooler?

I would like to see SSR split off the brands and market them separately. The Pioneer bikes as Pioneer and the Bashan as under its own name as well. But they need good documentation and parts systems and they should be online, like the people at Lexmoto do in the UK.

They eventually will realize the importance of consistent branding and also design rights.
    Then also that combing distribution and parts systems in markets can work, but also that regional markets need to be linked to global markets too. The partners would and should be formed that aggregate production, what is offered by Pioneer in the UK as Pulse aggregated with what is offered by SRR in the US…. One entity managing what should be one system based out of the production center. They are the same but with variations to meet differences in the markets, 125cc to 200cc and also 250cc, but they can align on production runs. The same with the bikes out of Bashan they could align and share with 125cc, 200cc and 223cc offerings. The value and saving comes in sharing the costs of the system that they all use to link to distribution.

Not much different than the Lexmoto LXM 125...which they recently dropped from their line up?
    Last edited by MJH; 04-29-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast