Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Looking over that old thread, I had posted a link to motobuys--they do have the storm 200 and (speaking of blasts from the past from the name) the Jetmoto 200 (the same model as the guy in the thread but in 200cc engine size). I had a 2005 (maybe '06--don't remember?!) Jetmoto 200 which looked just like the guy in the thread's bike or the 'Jetmoto' on motobuys.

I think that Bashan went ahead and did the EPA/DOT certification for their 229cc and 200cc bikes which allows the certification to be used on a whole slew of bike models utilizing the same engines. My Jetmoto was manufactured by Shineray, but if this is really a 'jetmoto' now they are manufactured by Bashan as far as certification goes.

http://www.motobuys.com/150-250cc-dirt-bikes.html

2. #52 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah. I am not happy with a remote start system on a Chinese bike. Or any bike for that matter. But, I'm not sure the 200 has it also?

I may give Wade Liu another shot at a quote for me. I asked him a while back, and he replied that he would get me a quote the next week, and I never heard from him again. TMEC does have an impressive on line parts manual. Bashon does not. You have to call a dealer and let them look up your parts I understand.

3. #53 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 

4. #54 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    10685465_805333699511079_8191397327986032022_n.jpg she goes good very good! smoth quiet nice components ! what do you guys recomend for oil and what the best break in method? thanks feel free to ask questions guys!!

5. #55 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Senior
    So, this is the 200cc Bashon? Tell me this. Does it have a remote start? The reason I ask is that, I have heard the 250cc Bashon has that. I really want no part of a Chinese bike with a remote start system.

I have pretty much gone with an easy break in on my new motorcycles. Very the throttle a lot. Don't over speed it. Don't lug the engine. Maybe short rides followed by a good cool down period. Maybe a good 10W-40 motorcycle oil. I hesitate to suggest a 15W-40 because I had a Kawasaki KLR650 that did fine with a 10W-40 oil. Never used any, ran well, no excess noises. Then, one winter, I tried a Delo 400 15W-40 oil. When starting the bike cold with that oil, it knocked like crazy. Drained it, and went back to a 10W-40, and all was well again. Here i Hawaii (big island), I can use a 10W-40, or the Ddlo 400 15W-40 with no ill effects in our two scooters.
    But, unless you live in an extreme climate, the 10W-40 should work fine, I would think. Let us know how much oil your new bike holds too.
    Have fun, and let's hear all about it.

So, it has a made in Japan Kehin carberator? That should be a good thing.
    Last edited by birdmove; 09-12-2014 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added a statement

6. #56 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    I hope you already changed the oil! The stuff in it is not real oil--change it and do not ride until you change it!! However, before you change it, warm the engine up so it all drains out as it tends to be thick when cold. I use Castrol 10W-40 motorcycle oil because I can buy it in the 1 liter bottle (they also sell it by the quart) and my TMEC needs 1 liter according to specs--it is more out of convenience I pay the extra for it (the bike specifies 15W-40) at the chain auto parts store near me (O'Reilly's Auto Parts).

Break-in--go easy for a few hundred km's or miles (you need to figure out if your speedo/odometer is really in MPH or KM's), varying your speed, but don't go too fast. Some people recommend the 'ride it like you stole it' method of break-in, but I would suggest you research it, and those people tend to be mechanically inclined (not sure what you would classify yourself as).

7. #57 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yes has the remote start!!! and alarm and ill be shure to change that oil! and re gear it!

8. #58 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ill get a gps to check the acuracy on the speed its kms but has mph as secondary will get to 100kmh LOL i didnt hold it there but it would love another gear! thanks for the help guys ill keep you guys posted! time to get some oil! :)

9. #59 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    ...So, it has a made in Japan Kehin carberator....
    "Technology from" Japan http://www.keihin-corp.co.jp/english/company/china.html

10. #60 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok guys so the speedo is pretty close! when the speedo reads 40 mph its at 38 on the gps! Not bad :) remote start works good the alarm is loud!! I'm going to check the valves next what do they recomend 0.6 intake and 0.6 ex ? changed the cruddy fish oil LOL! but i could not locate the the oil screen!!? this is a 164 fml engine but its a bit different the drain plug is on the bottom of the engine (17mm) where as the other type there on the side. the bike is gaining power as i break it in more! i am looking to re gear to a 17/45 or 16/45 vs 16/50 do you know where they have sprockets for these? Im loving the bike so far I'm amazed by the quality for $1350!! o.0 I have a youtube channel and I'm going to do a very nice review! any topic suggestions?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast