Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.Barlow1 View Post
    i just do not get it ... i have a hard time getting 60, maybe i need to get a smaller front sprocket, it is hard to get over 6300 rpm in 5th gear ... i can go almost as fast in 4th gear at 8000 rpm as i can in 5th ... other people seem to be getting much more speed than i am getting, and i have done the same things to it they have i have the carb and jets, along with the sprockets ... oh well, thank you anyway, i was only asking you because you were in sales for the bashans

I am not in sales...I just do this for entertainment.

You should check the actual speed with a GPS or with a friend in a car. Also most of the Chinese speedos are off usually more generous, also your size affects top speed.

Count the teeth rear/front. 45/17= 2.65 which would be more for top end speed, here is a chart.

2. #82 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I am not in sales...I just do this for entertainment.

You should check the actual speed with a GPS or with a friend in a car. Also most of the Chinese speedos are off usually more generous, also your size affects top speed.

Count the teeth rear/front. 45/17= 2.65 which would be more for top end speed, here is a chart.
    haha, not sure how i got the wrong name for sales ... my bad ... ill try asking the correct person ... and the speeds given were gps speeds ... and others say they go faster at my size ... sorry for bothering you with this, but thank you for helping
    Brian ,
    2015 Bashan Storm 250

3. #83 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Check your valve lash.The specs were over on chinariders.com.I think spudrider can help you out with the specs.These engines tend to loose speed as the valves start to get tight with use.

4. #84 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Check your valve lash.The specs were over on chinariders.com.I think spudrider can help you out with the specs.These engines tend to loose speed as the valves start to get tight with use.
    i set them at about 100 miles, maybe it is time to check them again (350 miles), i will do that today, thank you for the advice ... and for anyone else looking at the thread, it is chinariders.net ... also for anyone interested, my book says 0.05mm for both valves
    EDIT: book also says intake valve 0.04mm~0.06mm and exhaust valve 0.05mm~0.06mm
    Last edited by MR.Barlow1; 04-09-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Brian ,
    2015 Bashan Storm 250

5. #85 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    i set them at about 100 miles, maybe it is time to check them again (350 miles), i will do that today, thank you for the advice ... and for anyone else looking at the thread, it is chinariders.net ... also for anyone interested, my book says 0.05mm for both valves
    EDIT: book also says intake valve 0.04mm~0.06mm and exhaust valve 0.05mm~0.06mm
    I always set my valves on the loose side of the tolerances,so I don't have to open the engine as often.I'm currently dealing with my CB500X shim on valve set up.I have to remove the rocker arms and rocker shafts to change the shims.I had to order specific sized shims from Honda,which took two weeks to get to me.Tomorrow,I hope to finish the job.

6. #86 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    I always set my valves on the loose side of the tolerances,so I don't have to open the engine as often.I'm currently dealing with my CB500X shim on valve set up.I have to remove the rocker arms and rocker shafts to change the shims.I had to order specific sized shims from Honda,which took two weeks to get to me.Tomorrow,I hope to finish the job.
    checked valves a little while ago, exhaust was tight again ... set them both to 0.06mm and it did help, about 1/8 or just a little less throttle left at 55mph 60mph still about the best i get, but better ... thanks for reminding me
    Brian ,
    2015 Bashan Storm 250

7. #87 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    checked valves a little while ago, exhaust was tight again ... set them both to 0.06mm and it did help, about 1/8 or just a little less throttle left at 55mph 60mph still about the best i get, but better ... thanks for reminding me
    Every little bit helps these bikes.I'm looking at one for my youngest son.My oldest walked away from motorcycles, after trying to sit on mine.My youngest is saving his pennies.

8. #88 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Noob
    Where can a guy find a repair manual for one of these?

9. #89 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroftholmes View Post
    Where can a guy find a repair manual for one of these?
    There are none.The best thing I have found is forums like this,and asking questions.

Chinariders.net is another good source of info too.

10. #90 Re: Bashan BS200GY-18 
    C-Moto Noob
    There are none.The best thing I have found is forums like this,and asking questions.

Chinariders.net is another good source of info too.
    I find it VERY difficult to believe that there are NO manuals on these motorcycles. So the Chinese owners and mechanics can just look at or touch a motorcycle and know how to fix it by magic powers?

The Chinese must have shop manuals. There must be manuals somewhere. Even if they're in Chinese it would help some. Besides, Chinese can be translated into English by Google Translate or a Chinese acquaintance or something. My daughter-in-law is Chinese for goodness sake.

What about this:

zongshen-lx200-250-china-motorcycle-repair-manual-workshop-manual_1.jpg

http://www.motorsportgoetz.com/Zongs...ual_1?curr=USD

This looks like it might be in German and English. Do these bikes sell in England or Germany? Maybe those countries have manuals available. It looks like it from this one I found on the web.

Maybe I'm just odd, but I think having a repair manual is not too much to ask for and I'm extremely surprised the manufacturers of these motorcycles don't offer them through their distributors or at least make them available on their websites.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast