Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Kikker 5150

1. #1 Kikker 5150 
    HK50

Evidently Kikker is selling a 50cc Bobber that has an EPA certificate.
    They are being manufactured by Pioneer

2. #2 Re: Kikker 5150 
    Are they still 'kits' or complete bikes? Are they on the new 2014 EPA list? I'll look for it there. I wonder if they are autos (CVT) like a scooter, or do you shift these?

With the engine size (stock), they do make for interesting 'scooter class' vehicles vs. the common step thru scooters so prevalent...

3. #3 Re: Kikker 5150 
    see the eight ball thats your shifter.

4. #4 Re: Kikker 5150 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    see the eight ball thats your shifter.
    It seems that way, but only being 50cc, it seems kind of redundant. I went to their website, and, from what I gather, it seems as though they threw in this engine, got EPA approval, in order to eliminate whatever issues they had when the bikes were sold as kits--these are whole bikes. The idea now seems to be to ditch the engine, and customize your bike rather than build it from however disassembled they used to come Their competition target seems to be directly/indirectly Cleveland Cycle Werks due to how customized many of those have become; these have an obviously different blank canvas starting point, however, with not only parts for looks a possibility for customization, but replacing the entire engine. But, that could lead to problems with the EPA if too many people swap out the stock engine!

Like I said before, had they come with CVT transmissions and a 49cc engine, these would have made for an interesting 'scooter.' Scooter rentals are big in Las Vegas, for instance, to ride up and down the strip. These would have made for the perfect scooter! Pretty much wherever scooters rent well, such as Florida, and other resort areas, these would have made for good rentals. Not that a shifting bike can't be rented, but someone with absolutely no bike sense renting a scooter for a few hours to buzz Hawaii is stuck with the little 'cutey' 50 (QT-50 class as sold by seemingly dozens of scooter companies) rather than this bad boy!

5. #5 Re: Kikker 5150 
    C-Moto Noob
    They're legal in the UK now. If anyone in the UK wants one of these, 50, 125 or 250, talk to me. But be warned they are NOT cheap, so if you're looking for a cut-price scoot look elsewhere.