Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Importing Parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Taimur, if a 250 really isn't enough power for you, check out the threads on Asiawing, the LX450 motard version has about 32KW or 42hp, it's a single and only around 120KG dry, could be quite a lot of fun and probably 25,000RMB on the road, the best thing is it can be registered, therefore legal. I know some guys with XJR400s and CB400s that might sell for 10,000, bikes are in good condition of course are unregistered.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the info guys. Thing is for example, an 02/03 GSXR600 can be had for about 22000RMB back home while out here they are looking for 40's, which is a substantial difference. And they are no more legal than bikes outside. I've had cell phones, laptops etc sent in via mail as personal imports with no trouble whatsoever, but I guess big bike parts are a different story.

I had a 400cc GSXR before in Wuhan, and have ridden CB400s etc. Don't think I would go for anything smaller; and am still not a big believer in the local bikes. I once drove a friends 125 or 250cc local bike... the thing rattled like mad, felt like my brain was going to pop out of my head, shifted with such an unsatisfactory motion. I was too razzled to try and take it to a speed to test stability and handling. Now I'm sure some of the bikes out here are great, but I'm specifically looking for a fun, sporty, Japanese vehicle for weekly pleasure rides only on road. Am considering a VFR/RVF400 or else a bike from back home... don't want to dump a bunch of money into a vehicle that could be impounded forever on the spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12