Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China - the 10 year driving license 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Thanks, Doc. All the more reason to be polite and friendly when stopped in various verboten zones, and allowing the cops to assume we don't understand Chinese... I don't have a ton of experience, but I've now been stopped almost a dozen times and never was there even a whiff of concern that I might be ticketed/demerited. It does help to know that I and my steed are 100% legal.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #62 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick in PRC. View Post
    Because they don't look to make aggravation for you unless you piss them off. Face.......Cause them to loose it and they can pretty much do whatever they want.
    Thing is most cops don't know who you know and how connected you are. Last thing they want to do is aggravate someone higher up the food chain than they are that maybe is your friend............give them no reason to get pissed off and they will leave you alone. If you do have an accident having all the correct paperwork will help mitigate some of your liability and punishment whether you are at fault or not............having friends in high places helps even more..
    True,
    Iv now driven past 3 road blocks where they seem to be pulling everyone over. me being without insurance and with only a color photocopy of my license and passport... well lets just say a clean pair of pants has been needed :-)

3. #63 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    It's not just in Granma's backyard! Try having a cop car behind you slowly (80 kph in a 100 zone) for ten km in Aus, all alone them and you it seems like hours, then the lights flash and the siren whoops - and they flash straight past with a wave as you start to pull over ... All I can think was that the dirt bike covered in mud and the mud on the plate confused them. I guess they also thought I must have a license and reg. because I was wearing a red-fluoro waistcoat lol, and they had to go somewhere else urgently?

4. #64 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    weel ah duhno mateys, probly ul tooo pranoid dis sturf, ah reckin weez all onlah nidta tawk propper n neether granmo noh unkel Sayum caint unnerstan uz nowaze nohowz!

5. #65 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    weel ah duhno mateys, probly ul tooo pranoid dis sturf, ah reckin weez all onlah nidta tawk propper n neether granmo noh unkel Sayum caint unnerstan uz nowaze nohowz!
    S..t, wtf is that
    Andy

6. #66 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    .... let me try and translate

well, i dont know mate. probably you are to paranoid about this type of situation. I reckon we are all on the motorbike rider talk now and never mind grandma or uncle!
    some of you cant understand, no way, no how.

hope that helps

7. #67 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    I got my dl renewed today - for 10 years Evidence tomorrow
    Needed to hand in passport (residence permit), working permit, temp residence paper, 3 pcs 1 inch pics with wt background.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post

Mine is up in October, hard to believe 6 years passed so quickly. I remember when I got it I was sure China would grow up and act like a real country long before it expired. Can't believe they still can't play by international rules and I'm actually going to get another one.

10 Years this time? Cool!

My new license finally arrived today , and it's quite nice to see that it's good for 10 years...hooray!

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #68 Re: Legal issues, clarifying the law in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    My new license finally arrived today , and it's quite nice to see that it's good for 10 years...hooray!

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Congrats

You sure you wanna stay that long
    Andy

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567