Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi my lexmoto xtrs was stolen recovered in a pretty bad way HotWired ect so I've been going though fixing bits I can do myself. I've just taken it for a little run the brake pedal was a bit stiff I've pressed hard to try and loosen it now my back brake has locked on and wwon't release I'm not that mechanically minded but willing to have a go if anybody can give me an idea how to release the brake not sure if its going to be stuck calipers or a dodgy release spring thanks in advance

2. #2 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Guru
    My best guess is that the caliper piston has corroded and has jammed. It dosen't look like new seals are easy to find for this so rebuilding it would be troublesome. The safest and easiest thing to do is to just replace the whole rear brake system.

http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonl...7_KS125-24.php
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you for reply i do agree new brakes will be best option but do you have any idea how I release the caliper from the disk I can't seem to find the securing nuts that hold it on there's a Chinese bike shop literally 5 mins from my house that will put the new brakes on when they fit the new ignition barrel but with the brake locked on I can't get it there thanks Spencer

4. #4 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Guru
    From what I can tell from an image I found on Google is that there is a bolt on the left side of the calliper under a black plastic cover which should just pull off with a bit or twisting (use pliers if necessary).

Once the bolt is removed the calliper should pivot freely on the one remaining pin / bolt. Lift the calliper up and then out to remove it.

It would be a good idea to detach the brake hose first.

img.jpg
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks mate I just pulled that cover thingy out but doesn't seem to be a nut cover I rang are local shop he said I need to remove the rear wheel it get it off seems a bit of a pain to just take off a caliper but oh well needs must I guess.. To take the wheel off do I just release the nuts like when chain tightening and take the bar out of the middle? Thanks for all your help

6. #6 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Little update I went to take off the brake line when trying to take off the wheel only released the nut a little bit a small amount of fluid came out and the brake released so tightened it back up now when I press brake nothing happens slight victory as can now get it to the shop but has got me thinking if its not stuck pistons and maybe a problem someware else

7. #7 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Guru
    It's probably an issue with the master cylinder then, more specifically the fluid pressure isn't being released with the brake pedal is depressed. The process of changing the brake fluid might actually fix the problem but if it was me I'd just replace the whole system since this could be quite a dangerous problem if it occurs again.

8. #8 Re: lexmoto xtrs rear brake wont release 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for all your help Spencer I went for new caliper over bleeding better safe than sorry