Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 bike wont go above second gear while riding 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Right so I'm bk again after having whole new brake system fitted happy again thinking Ican finally get back to the joys of riding i hit the road only to get into 2nd gear try and get third but it won't budge after a few mins of trying I limp home in second but when I stop and park up I can get into 3rd and up but not down to second so I rolled forward and down it goes but then won't go back up unless i move the bike I'm completely stumped as no nothing about gears other than how much parts seem to cost think I've got myself a money pit since the theiving scumbags nicked it the bikes a lexmoto xtrs if anybody could help thanks

2. #2 Re: bike wont go above second gear while riding 
    Hi,
    What kind of bike is it?
    Difference between warm or cold engine?
    You could start by draining the gearbox oil to see if there are any small steel particles in it.
    Good luck.

3. #3 Re: bike wont go above second gear while riding 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The bike is lexmoto xtrs 125cc, there doesn't seem to be any differenceif its warm or cold and iI drained engine oil its was pretty black but didn'tseem to have any metal specks in it from what I could see. Its like the gears are mis aligned some how 1st and 2nd work but no further then when I wheel the bike I can get 3rd and up but won't go back down I'm baffled by it thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom82 View Post
    The bike is lexmoto xtrs 125cc, there doesn't seem to be any differenceif its warm or cold and iI drained engine oil its was pretty black but didn'tseem to have any metal specks in it from what I could see. Its like the gears are mis aligned some how 1st and 2nd work but no further then when I wheel the bike I can get 3rd and up but won't go back down I'm baffled by it thanks
    Take the engine cover off on right side as that's where you have the shift drum that turns
    I suspect faulty bits or something bent stuck or spring broken that makes it click into place
    Hard to describe what I mean