Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New to MC and needing some info! 
    C-Moto Noob
    So I recently have gotten a 2007 Smc yb150. I've ridden dirt bikes my whole life (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, ktm, etc) and I wanted a new toy and couldn't pass up the deal. I'm in need for ANY information on this bike about what parts will fit and what I can order and mod. I've read that the motor is based off the Honda 150 and most parts are compatible, I also read thatthe platics, brakes, and rims are KTM based. Can anyone confirm this for me? Does anyone own a SMC bike? Do you like it? Any information is greatly appriciated, and thanks everyone in advanced
    -theonethreeIMG_4163.jpgIMG_6412.jpgIMG_5080.jpgIMG_4799.jpg

2. #2 Re: New to MC and needing some info! 
    Engine is based from Honda CG125. That 150 1st appear in Kymco's bike http://blog.xuite.net/tsai.kevin36/scooter/21773995 around 1990s .

It's VERY difficult to kill these "workhorse" engine . http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1975cg125/

3. #3 Re: New to MC and needing some info! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Engine is based from Honda CG125. That 150 1st appear in Kymco's bike http://blog.xuite.net/tsai.kevin36/scooter/21773995 around 1990s .

It's VERY difficult to kill these "workhorse" engine . http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1975cg125/
    I live in the US so as you can imagine the first link is hard to read lol. But thank you for the info!

4. #4 Re: New to MC and needing some info! 
    first ones 1975
    110cc/125cc

5. #5 Re: New to MC and needing some info! 
    Welcome--your bike is made by Galaxy which is (was?) a subsidiary of Yinhe. If you look for threads on Galaxy, I believe they are mostly from people who owned and rode them in China as dual-sports. Years back, Galaxy entered one in a rally that goes across a big desert in China, and came in first or second, or third against big-bore bikes from KTM and Honda, KTM, etc. which gave them some credibility. They were a little ahead of the average Chinese dirt bike as far as quality was concerned (remember--I wrote 'Chinese'), and performance.

There is a long thread from someone who was living and working in China who took a tour of the factory--he also posted the same thread in advrider. I think a few of the photos were of SMC branded bikes. Galaxy was headed by an American ex-pro racer (I forget his name). SMC branded bikes were last sold in the UK about 3 years ago, after they had left the US.

6. #6 Re: New to MC and needing some info!