Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: XTRS 125

1. #1 XTRS 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    I was just wondering what kind of mods I could get for my XTRS? Could I get away with just slapping different sprockets on it to get more top end? I'm planning on getting a new performance exhaust, like the LEXTEK on CMPO. Would I have to change my jets to accommodate it?
    61 Plate Lexmoto XTRS 125

2. #2 Re: XTRS 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    If a higher top speed is what you are after then it would be worth swapping out your front sprocket for one that is one size bigger. When you fit a performance exhaust you will need to get bigger jets to get the full benefit; just increasing the main jet by a size or 2 would probably be enough, for example if you have a size 95 main jet then try a 100 or 105;
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: XTRS 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    You can drill youre jets out I know people dont recomend it but me and a few freinds have dyno and tested it in numerous different bikes with drilled and brought ones and there is no difference in the performance its mainly because here in our country it cost $20-30 for one main jet through rippoff companies and if you source it yourself it takes aupto a month to get it.1.1mm drill bit is equal to a 105 keihin main jet we usually peg ours around a 1.2mm on 30mm carbs its pretty hard to screw it up drilling them too.

4. #4 Re: XTRS 125 
    Quote Originally Posted by Next edition View Post
    You can drill youre jets out I know people dont recomend it but me and a few freinds have dyno and tested it in numerous different bikes with drilled and brought ones and there is no difference in the performance its mainly because here in our country it cost $20-30 for one main jet through rippoff companies and if you source it yourself it takes aupto a month to get it.1.1mm drill bit is equal to a 105 keihin main jet we usually peg ours around a 1.2mm on 30mm carbs its pretty hard to screw it up drilling them too.
    lol yeah I remember the price of jets in nz , nothg wrong with drilling them