Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Come to the end of the line of the most expensive motorcycle ownership experience ever!!!!

Have lost many, many thousands of UK pounds through this ownership experience, glad to be out of it..

Bit the bullet, took the huge loss and gone back to a Japanese producer, for my own sanity hopefully recapturing that pleasant motorbike ownership experience.. Just couldn't take any more of this poor ownership experience!!!

Thanks to everyone on here who has provided help and guidance during my brief ownership of the bike.

I may pop up every so often to see what's happening, but that will be more for the people rather than the bikes ;)

Cheers to all

2. #2 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    C-Moto Guru
    Well, I would classify your problems with the 650TR as "baby aches" as it's a new model, but since they're making you miserable you're right to ditch it. Life's too short to spend it on unpleasant experiences

3. #3 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    now pay attention that it doesn't get too boring. ;-)

Since I sold my Shineray X5 I have nothing to wrench anymore as my new bike is just starting at start, stopping at stop, nothing brakes, and after 6500km i had nothing to do than riding. That causes the problem of having so many km on the bike already. ....
    Maybe I should hurry to clock on the 10k so that I have at least a maintenance check :-)

Should I buy a little real crappy piece and rip it to pieces so that I have something to do on rainy days?

... or maybe ???

Barry, lets wreck one of your bigs ..... I provide beer, tools and garage space :-)
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    Sorry to see you go....
    You are the type of person who deserves a decent reliable bike.

5. #5 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 650TR Rider View Post
    Come to the end of the line of the most expensive motorcycle ownership experience ever!!!!
    Have lost many, many thousands of UK pounds through this ownership experience, glad to be out of it..
    Bit the bullet, took the huge loss and gone back to a Japanese producer, for my own sanity hopefully recapturing that pleasant motorbike ownership experience.. Just couldn't take any more of this poor ownership experience!!!
    Thanks to everyone on here who has provided help and guidance during my brief ownership of the bike.
    I may pop up every so often to see what's happening, but that will be more for the people rather than the bikes ;)
    Cheers to all
    Hi (defacto) 650TR Rider, so did you get yourself a Kymco scoot in the end or..? Can I assume that your ex-650TR has been sold/traded to someone local in Kent, or did you trade-in?
    Do you mind sharing your cost of ownership? This might be useful for any other potential CFMoto (or other PRC manufactured MC) buyer.

Lastly, sorry that your ownership experience has been anything but what you expected or had anticipated. Hope your new ride makes up for the growing pains you experienced with a sub par bike...

6. #6 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    So what did you buy to replace it that has far less headaches?

7. #7 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiguo-007 View Post
    So what did you buy to replace it that has far less headaches?
    Yam XJ6F Diversion RACE BLU.jpg

see attached Yamaha Diversion XJ6 F

8. #8 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    What Dealer and how much out the door? B-Plate? Engine specifications? I am getting tired of trying to squeeze every type of China manufactures bike into my buy list and tried of the many different reviews that all start out great and the turn into long term projects for 6 months just to see them go back on the used market. Guys's, I like to ride and I do have an array of metric tools but I am past the enjoyment of getting greasy and, busted knuckles and getting stranded. I want a motorcycle for me and my lady to enjoy and ride/ Life is too short. I am not extremely wealthy but am willing to spend extra money for quality and the riding time in Beijing in surrounding communities and an occasional multi-day ride.

Are you in Beijing?

9. #9 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiguo-007 View Post
    What Dealer and how much out the door? B-Plate? Engine specifications? I am getting tired of trying to squeeze every type of China manufactures bike into my buy list and tried of the many different reviews that all start out great and the turn into long term projects for 6 months just to see them go back on the used market. Guys's, I like to ride and I do have an array of metric tools but I am past the enjoyment of getting greasy and, busted knuckles and getting stranded. I want a motorcycle for me and my lady to enjoy and ride/ Life is too short. I am not extremely wealthy but am willing to spend extra money for quality and the riding time in Beijing in surrounding communities and an occasional multi-day ride.

Are you in Beijing?
    Alas, no I am in the UK so not able to help with any info re buying in China.

The Bike is a 600cc

10. #10 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    007, you could buy a Suzuki GW250. I'm sure this bike will be reliable enough for you. I had a Sundiro Honda CBF150, it popped one fork seal in the 35,000 kilometers I had it. Unfortunately in China you cannot yet have a big bike and a Japanese level of reliability. Although if you get lucky you may get a reliable big bike, it's just reduced odds. Buck and Amy did the 'Great Ride of China' on a 650TR, I haven't read much about their likely painful box ticking trip, but their TR seemed reliable, but that could have been a 'non-disclosure' clause with CFMOTO. However if you wait for the CFMOTO/KTM JV to bear fruit a Duke 390 might be more reliable than the average Chinese machine. I'll review my CFMOTO 650NK at 10,000 kms, which will be pretty soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast