Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    ZMC, I came very close to buying a GW250 a couple of weeks ago and may still buy a new one yet. I have been looking and reading all of the literature and posts on the 650NK and was ready to pull the trigger on this bike now that I just returned from the U.S. but realize that without hiring a good upholsterer for a custom seat configuration, my lady will struggle with more than a 30 minute ride. Dilemma: enough power, semi-passenger comfort, reliability. I also know that the TR and the GW250S has more creature comforts but just isn't appealing in other ways.

Is the CF-Moto/KTM JV the producer of the anticipated adventure bike discussed on this forum?

Well, I think I may be forced to do what every other serious rider does on this forum, buy at least 2 Chinese bikes.

Looking forward to your continued report on the NK and photos.

2. #12 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    007, you could buy a Suzuki GW250. I'm sure this bike will be reliable enough for you. I had a Sundiro Honda CBF150, it popped one fork seal in the 35,000 kilometers I had it. Unfortunately in China you cannot yet have a big bike and a Japanese level of reliability. Although if you get lucky you may get a reliable big bike, it's just reduced odds. Buck and Amy did the 'Great Ride of China' on a 650TR, I haven't read much about their likely painful box ticking trip, but their TR seemed reliable, but that could have been a 'non-disclosure' clause with CFMOTO. However if you wait for the CFMOTO/KTM JV to bear fruit a Duke 390 might be more reliable than the average Chinese machine. I'll review my CFMOTO 650NK at 10,000 kms, which will be pretty soon.
    The CFM/KTM Duke 200's & 390's are available on preorder... while some early models are already out-n-about...

3. #13 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiguo-007 View Post
    ZMC, I came very close to buying a GW250 a couple of weeks ago and may still buy a new one yet. I have been looking and reading all of the literature and posts on the 650NK and was ready to pull the trigger on this bike now that I just returned from the U.S. but realize that without hiring a good upholsterer for a custom seat configuration, my lady will struggle with more than a 30 minute ride. Dilemma: enough power, semi-passenger comfort, reliability. I also know that the TR and the GW250S has more creature comforts but just isn't appealing in other ways.

Is the CF-Moto/KTM JV the producer of the anticipated adventure bike discussed on this forum?

Well, I think I may be forced to do what every other serious rider does on this forum, buy at least 2 Chinese bikes.

Looking forward to your continued report on the NK and photos.
    Might be worth looking at some of the legal foreign imported M/C's as I note that price points are getting keener in a good way... Honda with the CTX700 @ ~99K, the CBR500R with ABS 70,800 CNY and CB500F ABS @ ~68,800 just to name a few makes and models...

Check out my Thailand vz PRC MSRP comparison thread (some foreign MC manufacturers based in Thailand e.g., Honda, Kawasaki etc.).

4. #14 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    888, Bikerdoc, thanks for your input, I have continued to look at several bikes and I did finally pull the trigger and bought the GW250S today from a dealer very close to me on the westside. My wife and I have been into his shop so many times that he probably thought I was one of those proverbial "Lao Wai tire-kickers". He carries the Zongshen RX3, BN600, GW, Honda and several other unremarkable types. My needs were reliability/quality (I know, synonymous), reasonable two-up riding comfort, good selection of aftermarket parts, reasonable price and LEGAL! My first impressions riding it are, tight, a little weak for HP, and "wow the stationary fairing is freaking me out a little bit". I ride a batwing Street Glide back home that moves with my bars. I have a number of friends who ride bikes with stationary fairings so I am sure I will get use to it.

Now just like my HD, the real money starts to get spent for the add-ons but I knew that going in. Regardless, I am psych'd about getting bags for carrying some light dongxi and heading to surrounding hills/mountains.

5. #15 Re: Right... That's me done, I'm outta here!!! 
    ^Congrats on the GW250 Suzuki (LianMa). Nice choice given that these models are manufactured here and are exported. Hope that means that QC/QA is better than the average. Good call on going legal too. I'm sure with just a little bit of saddle time, you'll become accustomed to the feel and aesthetics of the bike soon enough including the fairing (tupperware).

Shiny side up, rubber side down...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12