Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: community Yay!

1. #1 community Yay! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Really happy to be a part of the mychinamoto community.

I've taken a look through the site a bit, and it seems everybody has a great adventurous spirit. I guess that seems to come part 'n parcel with being a motorbike rider.

I'm especially interested in the trips people do, and will be wanting to ask people's advice on a trip I'm planning for September/ October-- Beijing to Chengdu, maybe doing 2 sides of the triangle and going through Wuhan.
    If anyone has done this trip before, or has any advice it would be very welcome.

I recently did a trip with a friend 2 weekends ago, (we were both using it as a tester for our own individual future trips) Just Beijing to Qinhuangdao. My friend estimated it would take 3 hours & I estimated 5 hours (allowing time for getting lost and whatnot) it ended up taking 8 hours, -4 driving in the dark.. Anyway, I found a post on this site from 2 years ago about a couple that did the trip before. However I only found this post after I came back.. They weren't kidding, the g102 is shite! It doesn't help that currently and for "apparently" the next 2 months it is under repair.... or construction... or something, but either way it is terrible. We also drove on the SL17 on the way there, diverting to Beidaihe... which I would guess has better scenery... but we were riding in the dark. either way it wouldn't be so bad if the roads weren't so bad... but hey. THe g102 runs alongside the G1 which motorbikes aren't allowed on, ...we were constantly looking enviously at this road.. as I'm sure the quality is better than the g102.

So finally I am from Australia, Perth specifically, I ride a Suzuki 125cc which does everything I want it to do. The main thing I like is that it is reliable. The first bike that I had here, (which I just can't bear to get rid of, because in my mind it sums up china perfectly) is a Lifan 50cc. -Just as you think everything is going good, and you begin to start relying on it, and put your trust in it, ...something goes wrong. It feels dodgy, it is dodgy, but you still love it.
    Thank god for the Suzuki

I look forward to hearing lots of your stories, your advice and if I can offer anything, any advice or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask.

2. #2 Re: community Yay! 
    Welcome--quite a few of you Aussies living in China!