Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    https://youtu.be/HRpb7Iua4dQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #12 Re: Shineray are the most arrogant and useless of all the manufacturers we've dealt w 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    https://youtu.be/HRpb7Iua4dQ

Perfect cure for insomnia !!

3. #13 Re: Shineray are the most arrogant and useless of all the manufacturers we've dealt w 
    C-Moto Guru
    It's a pity that Shineray didn't believe in this venture. But, if they are short sighted, it's their loss.

It does strike me that, despite a lot of claims of poor customer service from Xinyuan (Can't substantiate these as I've never dealt with them), they are not a tin pot operation who need preaching to on how to do R and D or deal with foreign markets... If you look at their product range, they clearly have more than a little clue as to how to meet market needs and anticipate them even (Eg. producing the X5 to meet mid- low weight adv market expansion, the 400 that Serpentza was looking at rightly looks wicked when used as the basis of a custom bike- see below, as well as well priced dual sport which is reputedly better than average Chinese quality. They already sell to foreign markets- the X5 400cc is sold as the Mash in France, the WK Trail 400 in Britain, Sion in Indonesia and, well I forget the name for the Russian market.)

ee00f1cd29336d1bd036e28e4717684b.jpg

custom Shineray 400 (鑫源 400, 复古的) from this link-
    http://www.jiche.com/topic/400cc_3.html

On top of this, with their recent purchase SWM, they are clearly forward looking. Hubris or at least sensitivity from people here is common place(face?). I recently got ghosted by a Chinese contact when I asked if they could lower the price of the already cheap Shanghai 沪C plate they were going to arrange for me. Didn't tell me why and I found out months later. So, maybe there is something else going on here.

In defense of Shineray, I might be biased, though, cos I've only ever ridden a Shineray in China for any distance(by chance, it was the one supplied by a rental/touring operation) - apart from the CJ750 which I'm lucky atm to ride on days off....and also am planning to buy a Shineray in the next couple of days (hopefully) . Plus I think that bike related start ups in China are an awesome idea. Could easily see this in my future.

I think there is probably hubris from Shineray's side, but given face etc, and their already dealing with foreign markets on a large scale, obviously calling their products crap and in need of your discerning eye is... well.. I don't know how it was done...

I want also to defend Serpentza here as well though. I'm new here and I'm hoping this forum will be a supportive place to discuss, and seek and give advice.. That being said, I've watched his videos for years and, when I was back in London, relied on them for a taste of the China I missed. I also would like to say Bravo to the Guys in Shenzhen for setting up their wee business, for what it's worth. I think "foreigners" out here should be applauded for start ups like this, especially bike related... also, , the churchill customs lot have discrned the Chinese love of 复古摩托车 and the vehicle to meet this (excuse the pun)

So, foreign run motorcycle businesses... I'd actually like to know more about them. A short list I've heard of so far

Tibetmoto.de - based in Dali, Yunnan tours all over Tibet and tibetan parts(bikes and jeeps)
    'Insiders' -Shanghai , but operational in other areas eg.. Guizhou, Guilin, Xi'an, Marrakesh(CJ750 tours and jeep tours)
    Churchill customs- Shenzhen.. how's it going?
    Shanghai customs ( saw the article below about them and the beautiful custom sr400- pictured- really cant' find any more info apart from this article)-

http://thebikeshed.cc/2015/09/01/sha...customs-sr400/

Shanghai-Customs-Yam-1-THUMB-700x425.jpg

My two pennies worth... in conclusion, I'm sticking up for both Shineray and The Shenzhen lot (particularly Serpentza).. and basically hijacking this thread to talk about commendable foreign bike related start ups and splash some sexy-assed custom pictures on here. cheers
    Last edited by Metalmonkey; 05-29-2017 at 05:35 AM. Reason: pictures were added as attachments instead of inserted as desired

4. #14 Re: Shineray are the most arrogant and useless of all the manufacturers we've dealt w 
    C-Moto Guru
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19287[/INSERT]
    Attached Images

Banned
    You've been sold the bullshit propaganda hook line n sinker lol

6. #16 Re: Shineray are the most arrogant and useless of all the manufacturers we've dealt w 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    You've been sold the bullshit propaganda hook line n sinker lol

Do you mean re. Shineray or re. serpentza?

Banned
    Either

8. #18 Re: Shineray are the most arrogant and useless of all the manufacturers we've dealt w 
    Do you mean re. Shineray or re. serpentza?
    It don't make you a bad man just makes you a bit nieve.
    But give it time and the light will be more clear.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #19 Re: Shineray are the most arrogant and useless of all the manufacturers we've dealt w 
    ChinaV had added quite a bit of high quality content to this forum, he sold a couple of his motorcycles to SerpentZA. Both are entertaining people, there were others through the years. People should notice dates of post, basically commenting on a thread that is three years old.

http://www.churchillcustoms.com/

Churchill closed up a while back, you're about right they came from different perspectives, small custom shop and big business.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-30-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    Their mate Prozzie - total asshole driver and loads of lame excuses for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12