Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 dfmoto 200stgb no manual, superiormotorsports not helping. 
    C-Moto Noob
    I OK, purchased a dfmoto 200STGB from superior power sports. I'm thinking I made a big mistake. http://www.superiorpowersports.com/G...200sc-stgb.htm. is the link for it. There is no assembly instructions so not sure how to get the wheel on "correctly." Customer service was less than friendly after I called for that and to let them know its only 170cc instead of the 200cc as advertised. Anyways how do I get the front wheel on and hooked up to the brake without dying my first road test? Not a gear head but with instructionsiI can usually get through...
    Last edited by caine2375; 06-14-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: co sup power, not motor

2. #2 Re: dfmoto 200stgb no manual, superiormotorsports not helping. 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    You're customer service already started, it's unlikely to get any prettier, so IMO quit while you're ahead. If you're in the USA then I'm sure there must be some lemon law or other consumer protections in place... if so then forget trying to work out how to do anything other than crating and returning the bike back for a full refund. get your money back under whatever consumer guarantees and laws allow you to change your mind (I seem to recall reading that the USA has a cooling off period) and return the vehicle for a full refund providing certain conditions are met.

Then save your money and buy a used/second hand near new Jap bike... You'll be glad you did.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: dfmoto 200stgb no manual, superiormotorsports not helping. 
    its only 170cc instead of the 200cc as advertised.
    Sorry to pick into your post mate but you are wrong . The bike is listed in the link you posted
    As a (DFMOTO 200 Scooter) and the Web site clearly states the C.C. is 168.9 C.C. Like my CFMOTO Jexlux 300 but it is only 250cc . Now back to the bike , you have purchased a piece
    Of Chinese shit for just over $1000 send it back and get your money back quick
    You can't polish a turd ! But please remember next time you look at a Chinese made bike you
    Must allways remember this ! " Caveat Emptor" all the time !!!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: dfmoto 200stgb no manual, superiormotorsports not helping. 
    C-Moto Noob
    It does after they updated it a few weeks after I bought it. No matter, they won't take it back without me shipping it and paying a restock fee. Like I said, not polite and fond of the hold button. I just need to know how to at least put the dang wheel on. The rest I've mostly figured out.

5. #5 Re: dfmoto 200stgb no manual, superiormotorsports not helping. 
    youtube usually have decent videos.

Also, since they are in California, I would suggest the BBB because Calif. is VERY consumer friendly.

Let me see if my distributor friend can tell me who actually runs Superior--it might be SSR's consumer site because they are a distributor, and cannot sell directly to consumers, except through a separate business. However, on SSR's site, they do not carry '200' size scooters, only 250s.