Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangtang6911 View Post
    .Anyone have experience with these bikes that would be able to give some insight on which would be more desirable to have for city riding?
    GIANT - TREK - SPECIALIZED - SCOTT - ROCKRIDER - MERIDA - DAHON - etc.

2. #12 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    I'll be honest.
    Why do you want a race bike for city riding?
    How is it pleasurable to ride a bike not intended for the purpose for which you are using it?
    If you want to do track days on it and have an idea of some out of town roads that will suit it then, I get it.
    If you have a long city commute get something like a CB500, see city bike it's in the name.
    Short city ride use a bicycle.
    D'oh.

3. #13 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    Hi Wangtang6911
    And welcome ! You have had some good advise from people
    Who have been here in China for a long time and know what there are
    talking about , both bike I would love to have, but it starts and ends with ,"would love".
    A term comes to mind "Fit for the purpose" and after only about 80.000km of ridding In china I must say both these bike would of only been ideal for About 10% of the 80.000km . But you are over 21 so I wish you well with the final decision you end up making .
    Last edited by prince666; 06-14-2014 at 01:52 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #14 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    Life isn't all about practicality. Next time you guys see a 458 ripping through the streets, you should ask that guy if it's really practical to have that car.

The biggest concern now, I guess the biggest issue now is the fact that the bike might get stolen. What preventative measures do you guys take to keep your bikes for getting stolen?
    I assume a 458 Is some kind of poser mobile . Personally when I see that guy he isn't RIPPING anywhere..

5. #15 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I would definitely take it to the track and a ton of the guys at the Mv shop get together for rides around shanghai which seem fun. I will really have to think about this one. On one hand, both these bikes have been my dream bikes for a whole now and now that I can finally afford them, I want to indulge myself a bit. On the other hand, yes, they are somewhat impractical for what I need.

I'm the end though, I think the deciding factor will be if I can prevent my bike from being stolen. That worries me a lot. 50,000 usd down the drain...

6. #16 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    ... both these bikes have been my dream bikes for a whole now and now that I can finally afford them, I want to indulge myself a bit.
    In my silly little view, go for it. You've worked hard, you've earned it. Enjoy.
    ... they are somewhat impractical for what I need.
    You could also get a cheap little scooter as your daily in-town rider. No rule you have to own just one bike. Besides, on those special days when you need that pick-me-up jolt, you could ride the superbike to/from work, etc. Kinda like mainlining a tripe-shot espresso.
    I'm the end though, I think the deciding factor will be if I can prevent my bike from being stolen. That worries me a lot. 50,000 usd down the drain...
    Definitely a big concern. Definitely. I know that the Ducati riders in Beijing have made arrangements with PICC for full coverage, including theft (the premium is about 8,000 rmb/year). I'd guess the Shanghai riders have probably made similar arrangements. Sorry, I've no idea about the MVs, though. The shop folks would know.Good luck!

7. #17 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    I would definitely take it to the track and a ton of the guys at the Mv shop get together for rides around shanghai which seem fun. I will really have to think about this one. On one hand, both these bikes have been my dream bikes for a whole now and now that I can finally afford them, I want to indulge myself a bit. On the other hand, yes, they are somewhat impractical for what I need.

The security risk is a real worry as you cannot really insure ant bike against theft and any thief will happily pull off the plates and be able to ride anywhere and sell it off to whoever, seeing unregistered bikes is normal, so the police will not do a thing if your pride and joy gets swiped. Also getting parts in China for exotic bikes is a real headache and waiting game. Personally I'd get a cheaper locally made bike for the street and track and keep the rest of my money in the bank, or get my dream bike just for the track, or at least for real out of town and track riding but not commuting. Tracks are fun, but in Shanghai the only place for that with a 600 plus bike is the Tianma circuit these days, which to be honest seems to be very poorly marshaled if at all, and then the Chinese hospitals, not good should the worst happen.

For my local area the perfect, most logical bike for Chinese city, Chinese mountain roads and Chinese track days (which could include the practical option of bigger karting tracks) would probably be KTM Duke 390.

It's your money spend it as you want. I just feel you'd be wasting it.

8. #18 Re: Mv Agusta f3 675 or ducati 899 panigale for shanghai?! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bought the f3........
    Last edited by Wangtang6911; 07-03-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12