Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200) Raising handlebar height 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Someone once observed here that the Qingqi QM200GY models came with handlebars that were a little too low for comfortable standing up on the pegs.
    I also felt this before, but thought I must be a funny shape or deformed or something...The standard bars also place a lot of your body weight over the handlebars and give you a hunched up riding position. On top of that you feel that braking while standing on the pegs would throw you over the bars.

I did look for alternative bars in a lazy sort of way, as I wasn't prepared for all the dismantling, possibly make-up or re-route wiring and control cables, etc.

I found the answer in this ingenious set of billet CNC machined alloy handlebar risers made to fit the Suzuki DR200, DR350, DR650, DRZ400 (A), but they fit the Qingqi like a glove. Fitting takes 10 minutes with no alterations whatsoever to any of the control gear:

They are on ebay at the moment for 36.95 + 4.95 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-Han...ayphotohosting

This is what they look like on my bike. I had to temporarily remove the plastic handlebar crossbar protector for easier access to the bolts. New, longer bolts come with the risers. Torque these to 25 Nm (18 ft/lbs). The bike feels a lot better now:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Forchetto,

Glad you got it sorted! The higher bars made the 200 GY in China much better in the comfort and handling departments when both sitting and standing. Overall, bar risers are one of the better, easier and cheaper mods you can do to these bikes.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Good find forchetto. Right now I'm looking for options like these so that I see behind me. I was thinking about these risers or bar end mirrors. Now I am thinking I should go with both.

4. #4 Qingqi QM200GY-BA mods 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I've also junked the stock mirrors. I could only see my elbows. Replaced them with some old-fashion British Stadium bar-end mirrors. I haven't tried them with the risers though. They might be usable now.

Here's a picture of my bike where several mods can be seen:

Bar-end mirror. Entirely made from stainless steel and available at:http://www.classicpartsltd.com/class...clemirrors.htm
    CBF250 Honda front mudguard. Didn't like the Mad Max original. Got a used one from a breaker. New one costs over $200...that's Jap spares for you.
    Lowered seat by slicing 2 and 1/2" of foam from the padding. Hard on the arse though...
    Chain tensioner. Deliriously happy with this.
    Power take off socket on left side panel. This can also be used to charge the battery without any dismantling.

This is the classic "Stadium" mirror. Note the proud engraved "Made in England" on it. When was the last time we saw this?. Top quality by the way. Beware of imitations, cheaper ones have flat glass and a limited field of view. This one has the correct convex glass and works great. Check this before buying any mirror. Those with flat glass are useless.

Last edited by forchetto; 03-19-2009 at 04:18 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Hey forchetto, please give me your thoughts on these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bar-E...Q5fAccessories

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bar-e...Q5fAccessories

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NORTO...Q5fAccessories

All say with curved glass and I really want to stay with black ones.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    They're exactly the same, aren't they?. Except the third place is a lot cheaper.

They look to be well made if a little small. They're only 3 inches, but as they have the all-important convex glass they'll give a reasonable view but I would prefer something a bit larger if you do a lot of inner city riding. On the plus side they won't stick out as much as mine. That's why I only got one on. A pair would make the bike too wide.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Yeah, they are pretty much the same...except for price. Quite a bit of difference. Per your recommondation, I went with a little larger set as I will be doing most of my driving in the city. It's been pretty scary so far looking into the stock mirrors and seeing only my arms. I try to stay in the right lane (USA) so that I can at least see what is beside me. I can no way see what is behind me right now so I'm looking forward to getting the new set on.

C-Moto Noob
    still a work in progress..

still have to refine the edges and look for a more suitable bolt...

Nutmeg it looks like you did what I've been thinking; make your own out of aluminum bar. I'm guessing that you went 1 1/2" rather than the 1" forchetto did.

C-Moto Noob
    it's actually 2"

Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Nutmeg it looks like you did what I've been thinking; make your own out of aluminum bar. I'm guessing that you went 1 1/2" rather than the 1" forchetto did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast