Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 mikilon 250 4 valve liquid cooled 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hi people recently purchased this mikilon only rode it couple of times anyone know if there anygood the power is preety good for a 250 but dont know if there reliable should i sell it get a differnt bike or keep what u think???my bike.jpg

2. #2 Re: mikilon 250 4 valve liquid cooled 
    Quote Originally Posted by willj01 View Post
    hi people recently purchased this mikilon only rode it couple of times anyone know if there anygood the power is preety good for a 250 but dont know if there reliable should i sell it get a differnt bike or keep what u think???my bike.jpg
    Not familiar with the brand, so assume they are a UK branded bike. It depends on what kind of money you have to play with; if not a lot and you own the bike outright--keep it and get repair advice via mychinamoto and since quite a few people from the UK have joined recently, you might end up being near one or more other mychinamoto members.

If you have a lot of money, get a Japanese branded bike.

3. #3 Re: mikilon 250 4 valve liquid cooled 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Not familiar with the brand, so assume they are a UK branded bike. It depends on what kind of money you have to play with; if not a lot and you own the bike outright--keep it and get repair advice via mychinamoto and since quite a few people from the UK have joined recently, you might end up being near one or more other mychinamoto members.

If you have a lot of money, get a Japanese branded bike.
    they are Chinese there is mikilon Australia which have been helpfull for parts and info just brought this out right for 700 quid only 700 miles on the clock runs and rides out just dont want it to blow up on me if you know what i mean.
    http://www.mikilon.com/product_show.asp?did=72 if you follow that link theres the specs of the bike let me know what u think cheers mate

4. #4 Re: mikilon 250 4 valve liquid cooled 
    Quote Originally Posted by willj01 View Post
    they are Chinese there is mikilon Australia which have been helpfull for parts and info just brought this out right for 700 quid only 700 miles on the clock runs and rides out just dont want it to blow up on me if you know what i mean.
    http://www.mikilon.com/product_show.asp?did=72 if you follow that link theres the specs of the bike let me know what u think cheers mate
    It probably won't blow up. Chinese engines, wheels and seats are normally OK. Just is some parts are probably crap and it is likely to be welded up and assembled by retards so could fall apart or break down, but usually nothing you can't fix, if you are mechanically minded and have tools it could be a smart choice, if you need a professional mechanic for everything, sell it now and by something else as it will probably cost you too much to keep. However this varies by brands and some are better than others. Just chances of a Honda/Yamaha being a lemon are like less than 1%, but a Chinese bike is like 50/50.

5. #5 Re: mikilon 250 4 valve liquid cooled 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    It probably won't blow up. Chinese engines, wheels and seats are normally OK. Just is some parts are probably crap and it is likely to be welded up and assembled by retards so could fall apart or break down, but usually nothing you can't fix, if you are mechanically minded and have tools it could be a smart choice, if you need a professional mechanic for everything, sell it now and by something else as it will probably cost you too much to keep. However this varies by brands and some are better than others. Just chances of a Honda/Yamaha being a lemon are like less than 1%, but a Chinese bike is like 50/50.
    yeh man im reasonably mechanically minded i may go through all bolts tighten them up maybe replace them my last bike was a sinnis apache 125 which had no problems at all so hopefully i got another good one aha

6. #6 Re: mikilon 250 4 valve liquid cooled 
    I knew they were Chinese, but there are some UK branded bikes, such as Sinnis, who are able to eke out better quality than other brands who might just be straight up imports sold via Ebay.

Since you already had a Chinese bike, there probably won't be too much difference although Sinnis are made by either Qingqi or Pioneer who seem to make a far better (Chinese) bike than others do. I had a '09 TMEC 200 which had all kinds of quality issues bikewise (nothing to lose sleep over, and easy to fix for a complete non-mechanic like me thanks to this site, but more so because of chinariders.net) but the engine was solid for over 10k miles. I bought it used with unknown mileage and rode it predominantly as a commuter round trip 33 miles a day for 18 months. I have upgraded to a '13 TMEC simply because I got to know the used one well, and wanted to continue the experiment of commuting 12 months a year, 33 miles round trip, on a brand new bike I got for under $1200 USD (I got a good deal from the distributor who I have become friends with--he wants me to continue the 'experiment, too).

Like I said before--if you own it, and you paid so little for it, why not keep it? Tighten everything and figure out a parts supplier for those bits you need from time to time (ignition coil, CDI, bolts, etc).