Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Is that 70hp at the wheel? Is there anything I can do (keeping it naturally aspirated) to raise that number. I feel like that might be asking alot of that P-Twin...

2. #12 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Yep, think the 70 hp is at the rear wheel.

Not sure if there is much you can really do, try a Ninja 650 muffler and a different air filter, but you can't remap the ECU, so I think you are stuck with it like that maybe a couple of hp if any. putting it on a diet might actually be the best option.

3. #13 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    So not to sound like a total cherry...whats the diet thing? I know I need to go on a diet and that will help a bit, but I'm American and I love horrible foods!!

4. #14 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacf View Post
    So not to sound like a total cherry...whats the diet thing? I know I need to go on a diet and that will help a bit, but I'm American and I love horrible foods!!
    Not sure if the English teacher made a mistake !! "Diet" or did he mean to say
    "Dyno"
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    OK, I'll put on the 'black hat' (DeBono)....

Diet in the context could also be valid and if applied to the bike, can mean simply that one way to improve power to weight ratio of the bike is to remove superfluous items from the bike not critical to its function, so as to lighten it. Thereby one improves its power to weight ratio, something that many racing teams attempt to do, by removing non essential and non critical parts from race vehicles in pursuit of the lightest weight possible.

Just sayin... right time to change coloured hats.... now lets see, which colour...

YMMV

Back to regular programming.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #16 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    OK, I'll put on the 'black hat' (DeBono)....

Diet in the context could also be valid and if applied to the bike, can mean simply that one way to improve power to weight ratio of the bike is to remove superfluous items from the bike not critical to its function, so as to lighten it. Thereby one improves its power to weight ratio, something that many racing teams attempt to do, by removing non essential and non critical parts from race vehicles in pursuit of the lightest weight possible.

Just sayin... right time to change coloured hats.... now lets see, which colour...

YMMV

Back to regular programming.
    Haha, exactly what I meant!

7. #17 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Haha, exactly what I meant!
    Sorry my mistake
    But to lose 10 kg of a NK bike would be dam
    Hard IMO that why is called a NK, would it be more easy
    For the rider to lose 10 kg hehehe
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #18 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Sorry my mistake
    But to lose 10 kg of a NK bike would be dam
    Hard IMO that why is called a NK, would it be more easy
    For the rider to lose 10 kg hehehe
    Not that hard, actually. Heavy muffler exchanged for Ninja 650 aftermarket and cat removed = at least 5kg, passenger pegs and grab rails 1-2kg, then you have to start using some imagination....like rear-sets 1kg, clip-on air pods 1kg. Or silly expense like Renthal bar 200 grams etc

9. #19 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Spot on with the rear exhaust and especially the catalytic converter (collector box slung underside) - when I dropped that from under the 650TR I was surprised just how much that in itself weighed, though I didn't put it on a set of weighing scales, it must have been an easy 5kg as dedduced from my 'seat of the pants' biceps test. And if I may, humour me a little, - actually it is often far easier to find ways to reduce weight on a motorcycle than it would likely be for the rider to loose 10kg's - without significant and concerted effort, dedication and focus. Just sayin...

right where were we, oh yeah, those friggin coloured DeBono hats... *scratches head*
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #20 Re: Alaskas First CF Moto 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Spot on with the rear exhaust and especially the catalytic converter (collector box slung underside) - when I dropped that from under the 650TR I was surprised just how much that in itself weighed, though I didn't put it on a set of weighing scales, it must have been an easy 5kg as dedduced from my 'seat of the pants' biceps test. And if I may, humour me a little, - actually it is often far easier to find ways to reduce weight on a motorcycle than it would likely be for the rider to loose 10kg's - without significant and concerted effort, dedication and focus. Just sayin...

right where were we, oh yeah, those friggin coloured DeBono hats... *scratches head*
    Sure about people weight lost ! When you see me last time in Thailand I was 92/95 kg in 3 weeks getting back to china and on the day I left Hainan Was down to 76 kg nearly 20 kg off now I did tell you I hate Chinese food lol
    Now back up to 80/81 with food I like . Now I can put on some more KG because the YBR has more power until I find out how much will depend on how much kg goes back on the tum !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast