Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pitster Pro XTR T4 250 LC? 
    So I have a 250LC and the seat is horrible, like sitting on a 2x4 kinda bad. I was then wondering what aftermarket seats I can get or whose frame I can look up for parts. Other than that its a great trail bike which is what I bought it for. Thanks for your Replies!

2. #2 Re: Pitster Pro XTR T4 250 LC? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Can't help with compatibility to any seat from another make/model, but, have you thought about having the seat off the bike reshaped? Places like Sargent, Corbin, Mustang, Saddlemen etc. I remember reading about a motorcycle seat reshaper in Calgary but cannot recall the name.
    Or perhaps by yourself an Airhawk... or maybe even a generic gel seat covering.... might work.

A search on Goog.le or Yah.oo using the search terms "motorcycle seats" will likely turn up something useful and likely close to your jurisdiction. You could look at making your own, if you get yourself some memory foam, a steam wand or regular steam iron (to stretch the vinyl to fit).
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-11-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: Pitster Pro XTR T4 250 LC? 
    I googled it every way I could think of and couldnt find and dimensions on the stock seat. I kinda thought that I would have to make my own seat. Just wanted to see if anyone had any luck upgrading theirs. We have a couple of shops locally that can do custom work. Thank you sir.

4. #4 Re: Pitster Pro XTR T4 250 LC? 
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacf View Post
    I googled it every way I could think of and couldnt find and dimensions on the stock seat. I kinda thought that I would have to make my own seat. Just wanted to see if anyone had any luck upgrading theirs. We have a couple of shops locally that can do custom work. Thank you sir.
    These are quite rare bikes--you are the first person I have heard who owns one on both of these forums (this one and chinariders.net). They are, I believe, OEM bikes meaning no one makes them besides the OEM for Pitster, unlike many brands of Chinese bikes made with common parts, except for engines which are usually made by just a few companies.

The company that used to make the older bikes for Pitster was a company called Shuopu Science and Technology which might have been the OEM for a company called Puzey out of South Africa, but that was about it. I think a custom seat is your only option at this point.

5. #5 Re: Pitster Pro XTR T4 250 LC? 
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't have thought the first guy on both sites would be from Alaska we're kind of the last to know state haha.