Hey all, just gave a 163 fml a full engine rebuild after the kickstart pinion gear seized and destroyed the counter-shaft bearing too. Its going into an XL 125 RC that I have also been restoring (1982). The engine is in and its running great but I really want to lose the starter motor as I'm not putting a battery in it, I'm just using capacitors to smooth out the voltage for the horn and breaklight. I had on hand the XL 125 flywheel cover and it almost matches up but it has one more bolt hole as well as the clutch key being slightly different... Anyone know one that will fit so I can lose the starter motor?

Also I have been looking up big bore kits, I have seen "250" kits that only higher the bore by 2mm which is only something like 215cc. I completely forgot to measure the barrel OD when it was apart to see what I could bore it out to. I also forgot to measure the crankcase mouth to see if I could put a thicker liner in it too... I have seen CG 250 kits and wondered if they fitted? I think that they are 70mm which would take it up to 242cc. Anyone have any experience?

Here is the bike as of now.

Many thanks, Ed.