Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Newcomer to Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Guys & Gals!

I'm arriving in Shanghai on 21st July and looking to network with other motorcyclists. I originally come from Poland, spent last 3 years in Singapore and decided to try living in China. So far my I've ridden Honda Phantom 200cc plus mix of different 200cc scooters while visiting countries in South East Asia. I would be looking to switch to CFMoto 650NK as soon as I get my license converted.

Regards,
    Zibi

2. #2 Re: Newcomer to Shanghai 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    G'Day Zibi, welcome to MCM. You may want to consider getting yourself an e-bike or bicycle in the interim as you make your transition so that you can become exposed and somewhat conditioned to the road madness, 'cause it is nothing like Singapore. I suggest also spending some time reading the various posts/threads e.g. getting legal, getting motorcycle drivers license, and plating motorcycle and similar threads, as there are many pitfalls for the noob here, and lots to be aware of. Many of the posts are sticky's in different thread categories but some are not.

When it comes time to your purchasing decision, there are many options, so don't just limit yourself to just one particular make and model of bike, if you peruse the 'street' section you will find lots of reviews about the CF650NK and CF650TR - worth the time and effort reading so you can have a better appreciation of what you're getting into. Also there is a healthy classified section here on MCM worth checking out.

MCM is a little quiet at the moment, as the sane ones among us are away on summer holidays.

Anyway, welcome on-board the MCM craZies bus.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: Newcomer to Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi bikerdoc,

Thanks for the tips, I do plan to commute on bicycle to work and I've actually shipped it with rest of my stuff :-) Been lurking around MCM for a while reading about license, motorcycles and decided to go full-legal but I think for safety reasons I'll stick to weekend motorcycle riding.

Having history of asthma as a child I'm wondering if you can recommend any mask which will work with full-face helmet?

Regards,
    Zibi