Hello!

Im new here, and I thought I would get help from here, because you have experience from chinese engines. :)

So, I am currently thinking about swapping a Bashan 250cc engine (water-cooled, with reverse) to a motorcycle (Derbi Senda 125, air-cooled). The big question is, are there any gearboxes available, that fit in to this Bashan engine. I am buying an used engine, so I'll change the bearings to higher quality bearings while the engine is as parts.

The best would be a wide-ratio 6 speed gearbox. My current engine has 5-speed and it does about 95km/h@gps.. and it isn't really powerful at all for me.

I have experience of porting 2 stroke engines, but I think, with help I can get a bit more power from the Bashan engine.
If I just smooth out the ports, I might get about 0.5-1bhp. That kind of porting is called as "Stage 1."
Also I was thinking about raising compression ratio and start using E85 fuel. I'm running the current engine with E85 fuel and it uses it about 4 litres per 100km.. and E85 costs about 1 euro in Finland.. so it is very, very cheap to use the E85 fuel.

I apologize my bad english.

-John