Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Mazury Lake Region, 1500km trough Poland 
    C-Moto Guru
    Concert was worth hearing, that sound makes an impression even on those who like organ music.
    Additionally those organs have moving sculptures depicting the scene of the Annunciation.

The next stop was to be Dobre Miasto.
    It became humid and unpleasant, I began to regret that I have no scarf on my neck. Wind has been cooled my neck.

They road 593 has were nice curves, but the road itself was a nightmare, no markings, no signs, holes like after bomb explosion, curves covered with sand and broken asphalt surface.

From the dual road was a single and the cars did not care about a motorcyclist and passed me "on the mirror"

Collegiate Basilica in Dobre Miasto:

In Dobre Miasto lives a forum member of China MOtorcycle Club,he invited me for a cup of cofee and cake.

After coffee, I went in the direction of Ostróda, through road 530 and after a while I wondered if I was not moving in the mountains. Beautifully contoured curves, marks a steep uphill or downhill. I was delighted. Asphalt was also not the worst.

I got to Ostroda about 8 P.M. My throat was begining to hurt, but I thought it was the cigarettes that I smoked quite a lot during the week. Now it's time to rehab, my wife will not let me smoke ...

The next day, about 11 A.M. I started to look for a gift for my wife, she finally let me on this trip. I visited the gift shop but at the end i have choosen silver earrings from the jeweler.
    Before leaving the Masuria, I made a photo of lake Drwęckie.

The next part on monday...

2. #12 Re: Mazury Lake Region, 1500km trough Poland 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Nice trip. I love that region. Ive never done any riding in Poland but Ive hitchhiked all around when I was in high school and at Uni. Mazury and Podlasie are definitely some of the most interesting places to visit in Poland. I agree with prince saying that you should post pick of all the bikes in your club. Damn, Im polish and have china bike, maybe I can get an invite to the club hah

C-Moto Guru
    ˙˙˙˙˙
    Last edited by beniamin82; 08-02-2014 at 06:52 PM.

4. #14 Re: Mazury Lake Region, 1500km trough Poland 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    , Im polish and have china bike, maybe I can get an invite to the club hah
    You dont need any invitation. Just register on klub-chinskich-motocykli.pl
    Than you will be a forum member. To be candidate is a littel bit tricky, because you must be on two events organized by Klub Chinskich Motocykli, and you must be on forum at least 3 months and be active on forum.
    Then you can aply to be an candidate. The next step is that and the sezon end in Septmber is voting time.

As a forum member you can read and write in 90% of topics, but you can not wear any club clothes or signs.

read here for more:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...0644#post70644

5. #15 Re: Mazury Lake Region, 1500km trough Poland 
    C-Moto Guru
    I went on a further trip around noon, originally I had a plan to see on the way back home some atractions, but I already started to feel sick. I chose the road from Ostróda to Lubawa, national road 15, and then encouraged with good quality of the regional roads, I chose the road number 541 to Żuromin.

As it turned out, this road was under repair. As soon as they finish the overhaul I will higly recommend this road because of the beauty of nature.

The pendulum in Zuromin:

I headed for accommodation in Sochaczew, at my friend again, I chose the road that I traveled previously. After Plock I turned towards Kamion and continue along the river Vistula. In the Meantime, this friend called me that I should not to hurry because he has something to do.

Going road between the forest and the embankments of the Vistula River, I saw a sign "observation deck 1.5 km". Mark was intended for cyclists, but I thought that a light bike can also enter. Unfortunately, there was non further marking, I drove 4km and have not found any observation decks, but I rode roads which my map does not even mention.

The roads were narrow for one car but new. I totally got lost, however, I asked a passing boy which way to the main road, he said that i should drive straight 4km, but the road is a bit twisty. The road was twisty, and full of sand. Once i drove straight on a meadow instead of take the curve...

Wandering in that area, I found such gate:

inscription in German proclaims

"Christus ist Auferstehung und Leben"

this means
    "Christ is the resurrection and the life

I think it was the gate of the cemetery. It is interesting that the gate has inscribed date of 1937. World War II began in 1939. It is in the midlle of Poland, why i can found there a german cementery?

I did a little reserch and found that in these areas since 50's of the eighteenth century Mennonites settled, they are a Christian group based around the church communities of Anabaptist denominations named after Menno Simons (1496-1561). They came from the German-Dutch border and quickly adapted to live in the floodplain of the river Vistula. Their buildings were so constructed that the spring flood eluted animals excrements and fertilized their fields.

Their descendants lived in the surrounding villages to the beginning of the Second World War. The German soldiers kill them all in the WW II...

To my friend i got about 6 P.M., after which we drank two bottles of Italian wine and eaten a pot spagetii bolognese.

In that night I had a fever again. After a sleepless night, in the morning I set off for home. On the way I stopped for a red bul drink.

I started to feel sick again, so I chose the fastest route, highway A2 to Strykow.

In Zduńska Wola I eaten again at Mc Donald's.

This time I was accompanied by bikers on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

On the way home I stopped for a regulation of the chain and straight home with the national roads. Some 100km from home I had fever again.

This trip was successful,I drove more than 1500km on roads with great views. And I learned some history. Another week instead of riding a motorcycle, I had to stay in bed treating the common cold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12