Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 China > France (Spring 2015) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys,

I would like to plan a China > France trip in spring time next year and i am definitively looking for a road mate for this long adventure.
    I am french based in Shanghai for 6 years. Currently driving a Benelli which i will sell to get a Chinese trail Shineray 400cc type is this ride is confirmed later on. The most important is to find a road mate to share this long trip.

My weekends ride are often in Zhejiang. Love this province. Planning a week ride during October holiday through Zhejiang toward Qian dao Hu with my GF.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you share the same idea as i really would like to make it happen....Lets see

Julien

2. #2 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    C-Moto Guru
    What Country's do you like to visit?

I will post your information on China Motorcycle Club in Poland.
    Maybe someone will company you a part of the route.
    I think, when you need asistance in Poland (if you will going through Poland) we will glad help you.
    Find cheap pleces to sleep, show the best road or help with repairs of you Chineese bike.

3. #3 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Would like to go through Kazakhstan , Russia, Latvia, Poland, Germany...
    Thanks for the help...thats a good idea...

JR

4. #4 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    Hey Julien,

Which Benelli do you have? The new 600? Is it fitted with a Hu plate? How do you find the drive out of Shanghai every time to get to the good bits?

I like your plan, sounds like the kind of trip you will not easily forget. If at that time I switch jobs I may be able to swing it but too soon to tell now. I've got a 3-week ride planned through China first in October, to see how that fares... Would be a good way to get a feel for China roads.

Mark

5. #5 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Mark,

I am riding the BJ 600 2012. I have a legal waidi plate on my girlfriend ID on it. (Just use it for weekend ride outside of Shanghai). I know pretty well Zhejiang, where i am also riding road and mountain bike sometimes....You got the idea ` the kind of trip you will not easily forget` :)

Lets keep in touch Mark, feel free to add me on wechat > Julien_Reversat

6. #6 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    G'Day chaps... Zhejiang... I been living and riding amongst it for over nine years and there are some who have been riding here close on twenty years. I can say with a high degree of certainty that I have ridden many of the riding jewels there are to be had in this province, and many more. Often I have ventured on roads less travelled when navigating points between, A, B all the way to, Zee. As I have already offered to folk's closeted in SH (where I also lived for a couple of years prior) & Suzhou, I'm always open to riding to meet at a designated spot on the SH side of the Hangzhou Bay to accompany any rider(s) down to this best kept secret.

Julien (& Mark), if you're interested, I'd be happy to meet up on the SH side of the HZ bay (outlined above) and lead you down here (near to Ningbo), then after a few days of exploring the 'backyard' - lead a route from Ningbo via multiple mountain ranges as possible/feasible to Yiwu then over the mountain divide to Jiangde - via routes you would be hard pressed to find on your own. I spent two-three years riding almost every weekend from Eastern Ningbo-Yiwu-Jiande and back again, exploring many routes along the way, for reasons I can't and will not disclose

FWIW Morganshan is a nice pleasant excursion from the likes of Shanghai... but it aint got nothing on more Southern parts of Zhejiang IMO.

When it comes to riding and Zhejiang... I got it covered... and I'm always open to showing it off to any of the Northern riders.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-17-2014 at 12:28 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #7 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    Hey Julien,

I have the same bike. I'll add you on wechat.

Hey Dennis,

Sounds like you would have 2 Benelli 600's to chase ;)

M.

8. #8 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    Julien, sounds like a great idea. I've got very young kids in China so couldn't do a trip like this, but I'd love to. I think the perfect bike for this would be a YBR250 but with road trail tires. I'm not sure I'd want to trust a bike like a Shineray for such a long journey.

9. #9 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Julien, sounds like a great idea. I've got very young kids in China so couldn't do a trip like this, but I'd love to. I think the perfect bike for this would be a YBR250 but with road trail tires. I'm not sure I'd want to trust a bike like a Shineray for such a long journey.
    I am in fact re-considering using my Benelli for this trip. Need of course some adjustments especially for tubeless tires , not the best if you have flat tires in the middle of nowhere.

I just got a new waidi licence plate on the Benelli and I am lazy to sell it and buy the shineray

10. #10 Re: China > France (Spring 2015) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JulienR View Post
    Hi Guys,

I would like to plan a China > France trip in spring time next year and i am definitively looking for a road mate for this long adventure.
    I am french based in Shanghai for 6 years. Currently driving a Benelli which i will sell to get a Chinese trail Shineray 400cc type is this ride is confirmed later on. The most important is to find a road mate to share this long trip.

My weekends ride are often in Zhejiang. Love this province. Planning a week ride during October holiday through Zhejiang toward Qian dao Hu with my GF.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you share the same idea as i really would like to make it happen....Lets see

Julien
    Hi Julien, I was just thinking after reading this post and your recent update(s), maybe you might be interested in a trip/ride that a few riders will be doing at the end of the year: PRC -> Laos -> Thailand (Northern Thailand where there is some fantastic riding routes, and way friendlier circumstances than here IMO), and then back again.

Dates are not set in stone as yet, but looking at possibly December. The time expected for the ride is likely no less than 6 weeks, though realistically probably more, as it would take at least a week or ten days to ride from this part of PRC down to CR. Getting a legally plated PRC bike into the aforementioned countries is easy as Prince666 has just done a complete circumnavigation of said routes (crossing borders without issue) over the last 2 months on a YBR125G (legally plated/documented) - which as turns out was pretty ideal for the trip - as a more dual purpose bike was a necessity for approx 30% of the journey based on the routes chosen - of that 30% roughly 10% a road bike would not have gotten through. Many mud sections and landslides encountered along the way.

Different route choices might make taking a more road orientated bike a viable option.

That said though, there are some really great off-road riding sections worth the ride in Northern Thailand, that makes a dual purpose adventure style bike a worthwhile choice.

Another choice is that one can/could fly into Northern Thailand (ChiangMai or ChiangRai) and rent a bike for the duration. I undertook this option this past January & February 2014, flying from Ningbo - CR and renting/riding a CB500X (excellent bike and did very well off road). I'll add a couple of photos from the trip here shortly... just to get ya taste-buds a-flowing

For the upcoming trip, I've purchased a new imported ADV bike suitable for the intended journey.

PM if you're (or anyone else is) interested.

20140110_173447.jpg
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-17-2014 at 03:09 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast